What people don't say about Motherhood

They always said:
Be a mother, it will be fun!

No one ever warns you of the late nights... no one ever warns you of the early mornings... no one ever warns you of the public embarrassment or the times you feel like murdering your child.

And they sure as hell never warn you about the absolute terror you feel when they fall down.. the anxiety and fear when they get sick... and never has anyone said it just gets worse with time.

But that is the magic of it all... it will never seize to amaze me... how easy it is to forget your anger... how quickly your homicidal thoughts turn to pride...

Those first steps...

Those first words...

The first time he says "I love you Mommy!"

The first time he comes to you, hugs you and kisses you out of his own...

The first time he shares with his friend...

The first time he says please and thank you...

And it's not just the first time that makes your heart fill with joy.. it's every single time after it!

And there's nothing better than a sudden bout of fever and nausea to make you take collection of your angel's life...

Yes, you're scared.
Yes, you're worried.
Yes, you believe every single bad thing js going to happen any second now.

But.
When they're laying on your shoulder, complaining about sores that you can't fix... you feel grateful..

Grateful for the Spiderman that jumps off kitchen counters.

Grateful for the Public Nudity displays when he suddenly feels like weeing in the school parking lot.

Grateful for every single moment that you felt like murdering him.

Because in those terrifying, embarrassing, murderous moments he is healthy.

So... no one ever tells you this.. but I am going to tell you now:

There will be moments where you actually wish your child would jump off counters.

There will be moments where you wish your child would just get up and use a permanent marker to draw on your television.

Because in those moments you would do anything and everything including sell your soul to the devil.

As long as your baby just feels better.