Chapter #21

A/N Author is publishing second chapter for an excited reader :) have fun 💜

(Sky's POV)

I wake up back in the boring room. Notch dang it. I feel my belt sheath gone and also find that my dagger had been confiscated. Why does the world decide to hate me? I sit up and look at where my wounds once were, only seeing faded red lines, along with some scabs and bruises. Looks like my weird healing is working again. I'm not going to bother mentioning that to everyone, Cobblestone already has his suspicions.

I look around the room to also see that there's another bed in here now. I jump up and land in a half crouch, shuffling over to the other person. Their blue skin has me wanting to kill them until I realize that they're not a squid. What is he? Shouldn't I already know? The remains of an arrow wound looks freshly healed on his bare arm. Must of used a healing potion. I subconsciously finger the leather arm guard that covers my own shoulder. At least they didn't take that.

Now, what to do with the fish? He seems about two years younger then me. A little small and skinny. Maybe not a full fish? A full-blood mudkip's gills should be longer, his eyes closer to yellow on the outside lids, fins should come to more of a sharper point instead of rounded at the tips. At this point, I stand in front of the sleeping fish with his blanket on the floor. And then I start to poke him.

     I poke his face repeatedly until I get some sort of reaction. After a few pokes, he flinches at the next one. He then seems to wake up and lurches over to the side, falling off the bed. Looking around wildly, he seems to realize that he's not where he thinks he is. I wonder where he was before being here? Now that I think about it, didn't I try to kill him at some point? Eh, past is the past.

     "Hey buddy! Wanna do something while waiting in here, or just ram the door?", I ask him with my signature, cocky smile. "Sh-Shouldn't we stay h-here until someone comes for us", the fish stutters. "That's soooooo boring,", I moan, "but I guess....... but only if you stay awake so I'm not lonely". Quinten nods and pushes himself into a more comfortable position while I drop to the floor, criss-cross apple-sauce. "So Quinten, care to enlighten me about wherever you came from, or did you drop out of the sky?", I ask with a small giggle. "I'd actually r-rather not t-talk about it", he mumbles while looking away from me.

     "That's ok, I'm not the pushy type of person. But you can hear bit about me if you want! I'm pretty sure I know people here named Ty and Barney. I'n not good which the whole memory thing. Umm...... maybe I got whipped? Are there still scars on my back? Ross was always scared of them. Do you wanna check!?", I excitedly say while bouncing up to my feet. The fish tries to protest, but by then I already have my shirt off. I'm too lazy to make sure my arm guard stays on. Was I suppose to keep it on? It'll just be a second, it's fine.

     I sit down, with my back facing Quinten. When he doesn't say anything, I turn half around say, "Are they still there? Or was it just one my weird dreams? I once had a dream where I was in this big room full of books. Some old guy was talking, but I ignored him and doodled diagrams of battle strategies. How crazy is that?", I'm pretty sure that my ramble went off topic, but I don't remember what it was about in the first place.

"Sky...... h-how did you get all these scars? They look horrible.....", Quinten eventually replies. "So they are real. And I don't really remember where they come from. Maybe you should ask Ian. He seems to always be trying to tell me things. I don't think very much of it is important, though", I say with more laughter. I spin around to face the fish and put my shirt back on, also re-tying the arm guard. "And what a-about the birthmark? It looks pretty neat. And what d-do all the tiny tattoos mean?", Quinten pipes up, his stuttering staring to go down. "I don't really know that either. I don't remember what the tattoos are. Sorry if I seem weird with how much I forget things. People tend to avoid me after a few minutes of dealing with my presence. Pretty much only Ian can stand me. And I feel that it's just from some sort of guilt. If you don't want to be around me, I can probably get the door open for you to leave......." I trail off with my voice sinking into a rare monotone sound.

"You may be a little weird, but I d-don't find anything wrong with you. Y-Your the first person whose been nice to me in a really long time. I actually really l-like being in here w-with you", Quinten admits. "Do you really mean it?", I hesitantly ask him. "Of course I do! You seem like a g-great person, Sky", the fish says to me. My mind seems to have calmed with our conversation. Some part of me wants to always remember this moment. But I'll just forget soon, anyways. "Thank you Quinten. I haven't made a friend in a long while", I quietly say. "That makes two of us. Thanks for calling me your friend".

And then I remember something. Ever since I cam here, surrounded by these people, I can feel things. I'm mad, scared, lonely, bored, grateful. I'm happy. I've been getting better. I'm not wanting. to kill anything. But do I want to be better? Do I want to see everything that I've forgotten? How many times have I done bad things, that I just don't remember. Is it really worth it to try and be the hero? But then I forget.