Chapter #11

A/N Well, this was not planned at the beginning, but this happens :)

(Sky's POV)

     The room was absolutely massive. At least 50 by 70 blocks! The ceiling curved up for about 30 blocks before meeting at the top in an arch. The floor was knocked out, revealing loose dirt. Circles were outlined with red paint on top. In the farthest corner, I could see two people talking to each other. One was a zombie wearing a suit. I really hope he's a hybrid, and not a real zombie. The other guy was wearing a Pokémon trainer outfit.

     They both turned to look when Ross and I entered the room. They both wear twin sadistic smiles. Oh Notch. The zombie quickly runs over, screaming, "Hi new person! I'm Tom, and I'll be playing with you today!". (A/N get your mind out of the gutter!) "I'm Tucker! And I can't wait to kill you~", the Pokémon trainer says. They each grab one of my arms and drag me over to a ring while giggling. Ross just leans against the door and watches. I stand in the red circle, and Tucker locks me in the eye and says, "Stay". I have no doubt I'd be dead the second I try to run. Tom and Tucker rummage through a chest on the far wall. Tom pulls out a bag with a triumphant look, and they both run about 15 blocks from me.

     "Now, here are the rules!", Tucker starts, "We are going to throw knives at you, and you have to dodge. Get hit, your dead. Leave the circle, your dead. Try to throw a knife back, your dead. I think you get the picture". Tom giggles while drawing out a hand full of knives and daggers from the bag. I quickly fumble to draw the golden sword form its sheath, and widen my stance to dodge better. The skills I learned in my past are bubbling to the surface without me even thinking about it.

Tom throws the first dagger, and I jump out of the way from it plunging into my chest. These guys will really kill me if I mess up....... oh Notch. Tucker's dagger goes flying for my leg. I manage to skip out of the way. The next one I don't see coming, and it grazes my cheek. Blood flows down my face from the shallow cut. Looks like I'm out of practice. I flick one knife away with my sword, leaping away from another. My foot almost touches the outside of the circle, and I quickly scoot away.

This goes on for ages, and piles of knives around my feet make it hard to move. The new shoes thankfully protect my feet from the blades. I have a few more cuts on my arms and legs, but nothing serious. The knives suddenly stop, and I look up at my two 'trainers'. Tom moans while Tucker shakes the bag upside down. "We're out of daggers. Good job for living!", Tucker giggles. Exhaustion clings to my limbs, and it's an effort to not fall to my knees right here. Ross walks up behinds me and hesitantly grabs me by my arm. He then starts leading me to who knows where.

Through the halls and past all the other insane people, Ross pulls me up a spiral staircase wrapped around the trunk of a jungle tree. Small rooms are randomly suspended from the branches, and I see a few people inside them. Ross stops at one made from dark oak planks. Poles hold it up from the ground, cables stretched out from the roof. A narrow bridge connects it to the stairwell. "This is your room. You stay here, and I'll bring you food later", Ross says before nudging me onto the bridge. I trip and almost fall off the side. I then inch my way to the door and inside of the hut.

I look around to see a bed and wardrobe. Standard living quarters. A full length mirror rests on the wall opposite of the bed. I turn around just in time to see Ross close the door behind me. It locks with a click. Great. Now what am I suppose to do. I take a step towards the bed, and the whole structure shakes slightly. I'm gonna die here, aren't I? I was ready to die to escape slavery, but now I'm not so sure. Meeting Ty had given me so much hope, but now I'm trapped again. I lost all I had, and I don't even know how I ended up with those bodies. What was I like before all of this? Why haven't I felt any emotion since I left Ty?

I shakily lay down on the bed as all these questions swirl around in my head. The sword sheath lays comfortably along my side. I reach down and grasp the handle, finding comfort in holding the weapon. How did this sword get here? Dan said that they stole swords from fallen soldiers. Doesn't that mean that I'm using a dead person's sword? It doesn't have so much as a scratch on it! I draw it from the sheath and once again examine the blade. It does fit in my hands nicely. Who had this sword before me? Did they maybe know me before the war was lost? It also looks like there may have once been something else on the handle.

     My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of wood scraping against wood. I spin around to see that a horizontal trapdoor at the bottom of the door was open. Not big enough for me to get through. A tray is slid through, then the door closes. On the tray is a bowl of soup, with a piece of bread on the side. A cup of what I assume is wine is in one corner. I sniff it to confirm, and get a whiff of very expired fruit. Definitely wine. I wonder when I had last had a proper meal? I mostly just got bread and water when I was a slave. I dip a figure into the soup to test for any sort of poison. Most poisons will burn your skin if you touch them. Not feeling any pain, I wolf down the soup and bread within the span of a minute. My stomach gurgles in pleasure, and I lean back while sighing in content. I then look over at the wine. I actually don't remember ever having whine. I could remember some stuff after my memory loss, like what food was which, but I don't remember whine. Only that it can make your head spin if you drink too much.

I shrug my shoulders and pick up the goblet. The purple liquid sloshes against the rim. Should I really be drinking in a place full of people who could kill me? Well, not like I have anything better to do till tomorrow. I tip back my head and chug it all down in one go. I can't tell if I like the taste, or hate it. But it has a strange after taste......... wait. Now I know why I don't remember what whine taste like. I probably never trusted anyone with whine before. Because........ whine is the best liquid to hide fast working potions. Where I learned that, I have no idea, but my mind immediately panics. I lurch to my feet, only to stumble and fall to my knees. My head burns with a fiery pain, my limbs becoming weak and heavy. My mind is too tired to think of anything expect for watching my head when I fall to my side. Pain spreads throughout my body before I fall unconscious.

But I can make out someone entering the room before I do.