Sixteen

I was sitting in English class and I was bored out of my mind. This morning Daniel had made me some eggs and after I texted Demi she didn't need to pick me up, he gave me a ride to school. We were early so we didn't have to worry about anyone seeing us.

I had received a couple messages from my mom, but I ignored them. It was bugging me so much that everything needs to revolve around her. She never listens to me and seeing her fight with my dad didn't make it any easier. I have no idea what the fight was about but something inside me tells me I don't wanna know.

"Josephine?"

"Uh what?"

"I was asking if you wanted to go shop at the mall this afternoon?" Thalia asked

"Oh yeah ofcourse."

"Demi and Rylee will tag along too."

I nodded "Great, looking forward to it."

"That sounds enthousiastic." Rylee said sarcastic

"I'm sorry, got a lot on my mind."

They didn't ask any question, I'm glad that they didn't. No one needs to know how pathetic my life is at the moment.

-

I was in the car on the way to the mall with the girls. School was boring, as usual. Daniel didn't say much to me during class, not that I expected him to but I just kinda hoped he would.

"So is there any specific reason we are gonna rob our bankaccounts?" I asked in general

"Well I'm having a date with Wesley tomorrow night and I just thought it would be fun to go shop." Thalia answered

"Well I really need new clothes to be honest. I've grown out of most of them." Demi chuckled

"Well I probably should get a job after this. When I go shopping I spent way too much money and then it takes like 2 birthdays to get it back." I laughed

"Maybe you can get a job at Lux!" Rylee screamed

"It seems more like you want it." Demi replied

"No I have a job already, but I saw on their instagram page that they need new barladies. Let's go out this friday! Then you can ask them."

The longer I thought about it the better it sounded. Just pour in some drinks and dance, I can do that. Plus I earned money by having fun.

"Yeah maybe I should do that. Let's go this friday!"

They all agreed, so I guess I might have a job. The first time I was there, Daniel stood behind the bar, still not knowing why but maybe he'll be there too. I should really ask about that.

-

I stood in front of the mirror trying on the clothes I had bought. I was now wearing my new pink sweater and some leggings. I decided to start on a project we had gotten for history, I wanted to start it early so I wouldn't be stressed later. As I read through the assignment I couldn't stop thinking about Daniel, those beautiful brown curls, green eyes and those masculine arms. Sleeping with him, kissing him, it was all too much for me to handle. I knew I was devoloping feelings for him, but I wasn't sure if I could handle that. Did he even feel the same? Didn't he just use me? Maybe it's better if we just keep it casual.

As I was overthinking about him I heard my mom yelling that I needed to come downstairs. Still angry at her I stamped downstairs. "What do you want?" I practically yelled at her.
"Don't be so damn rude to me, we have a visiter." She whisper yelled back at me. I looked around the house and saw a tall figure sitting on the couch, Daniel. What the hell is he doing here? I left my mom in the kitchen and walked over to him. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too Josephine." He responded with a smirk. "Your mom invited me over to have dinner."

"Ofcourse she did." I sighed

"What? You're not happy to see me?"

I smiled at him. "Maybe, but I don't feel like being all nice with my mom. My dad hasn't returned home yet and his suitcase is still here, so he's not flying. My mom won't talk to me, and now she invites you over to have a nice diner." I sighed frustrated

He placed his hand on my thigh "She will talk to you eventually, she has to. She's your mother."

"Well she's not acting like it."

I quickly slammed Daniel's hand away when I saw my mom coming over to us.

"I see you two have met already, great. Dinner is almost ready, Josephine can I talk to you for a second." She turned around and walked to the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and walked after her.

"Can you at least pretend to like me, atleast for our neighbor, I don't want him to get a wrong image of us. Your dad is not coming, just say he's at work okay?"

"You are unbelievable." I shaked my head and walked away from her. If she only knew what I had told Daniel already. I walked back to the couch and sat down next to him, maybe just a bit closer than I should.

"You know, those leggings look really good on you."

I blushed and felt my body stiffening. I looked around to see if my mom might have heard him but she seemed busy with her phone. "You can't just say that!" I whispered

"We both know you like it more than you should."

My face turned even more red and I felt my heartbeat increasing. Not knowing what to do I just grabbed my phone and started scrolling through instagram, it's a habit of mine every time I feel uncomfortable. I felt his hand slowly getting over to my thigh again and he placed it a bit higher than 'normal'. I tried to keep my breath under control and not reacting to his touch. I saw him smirking as he slowly started moving his thumb. I was about to look at him and give in under his touch "Daniel, Josephine, dinner is ready." My mom interrupted. I had felt that his hand was gone and I stood up without looking at him. I didn't want to give him the idea that I can't control myself around him, or that it was easy for him to get me.

I sat down at the table across from my mom and Daniel. I saw that she had cooked Lasagne, it sure didn't look as tasty as Daniel's. I started eating and my mom questioned Daniel's life, career and all that stuff, I decided to keep quiet. Not wanting my mom to think everything was good between us when it sure as hell wasn't.

After 30 minutes we finished up dinner and I started with the dishes. I heard someone walking over and grabbing a towel to dry off. I first thought it was my mom, but to my surprise it was Daniel. We both didn't say anything but it still felt kinda nice. Just doing the dishes, quiet, not looking at his muscles when he picked up a plate, you know the normal stuff. Those arms are gonna be the death of me.

We had finished up the dishes and walked back to the living room. My mom was on the phone, when she noticed us she thanked Daniel to come over and asked me if I wanted to walk him out.

"Thanks for dinner Josephine."

"Oh well, it's the least I can do after everything you have done for me." I joked. He laughed and pulled me into a hug, I felt him grabbing my phone which I had clenched between my legging and my back. "What are you doing? Give it back." He stretched his arm up in the air so I couldn't grab it. "You're so mean." He did something on my phone and handed it back to me. Without saying a word he walked away, across the street to his house. I followed every step he took and as he was about to walk inside he turned around and mouthed

"Call me."