Eight

This weekend I went to the mall with my mom. She talked to me and understood that it was hard for me to be alone so much. So to make up for it she took me shopping. The rest of the weekend I didn't do much.

It was now sunday night and I got a call from Robine, my best friend back in Orlando. My parents wanted me to stop talking to them cause they had a 'bad influence' on me.

I decided to ignore the call and just go to sleep. Tomorrow I had to see him again, I decided to forget what happened and just act normal. I keep thinking that he didn't mean what he said anyway so it didn't matter how I acted to him.

-

"Josephine! Josephine! Wake up." My mom yelled trying to wake me up. "It's already 8! Why are you still in bed?" Fuck. I jumped out of bed, brushed my teeth, put on a pink jumper and legging and ran downstairs. I grabbed an apple and my bag. "Bye mom!" I yelled running out of the door. I grabbed my bike and raced to school. As I woke up at 8 and my class starts at 8.15 I already knew I was too late.

Whe I arrived at school it was 8.20 and I ran to class hoping the teacher was also too late. I walked into class and saw Dr. Hale. What is he doing in my Literature class?
"Ah miss Wester, I was wondering where you were. Why so late?" He asked

"Uh I'm sorry sir I slept through my alarm."

"Go have a seat and pay attention please."

I sat down in my seat next to Demi and asked her why he was giving this class. "Mr. Trens called in sick this morning so he's stepping in for him or something. I don't mind though, he's way better to look at than that old prick." She responded and I laughed a bit too loud.

"I'll take that as an compliment but I don't like you girls talking through my class. Demi come sit in front here please." Dr. Hale said.

Demi looked at me and I rolled my eyes mouthing the words 'he's an idiot' to her. She stood up and walked to the front.

"Miss Wester stop it with the attitude. I'll see you after class."

I sighed and rolled my eyes again as he smirked at me. Knowing he was getting under my skin.

After this boring class I had a free period wanting to go home and freshen myself up a bit, unfortunately Dr. Hale let me stay because of my 'attitude'.

"So miss Wester, coming late to class, talking through my class and giving me an attitude. Are you challenging me?" He said looking into my eyes.
Oh those damn eyes, I felt the tingling inside me again. That stupid feeling really needed to go away.

"No I'm not, I just thought you were an idiot to let Demi sit in front of class." I said raising an eyebrow at him.

"Oh you think I'm an idiot now? That's nice. You got quite the mouth today Josephine."

"And this isn't even my worsed yet." I said challenging him.

"Is that so? Let's hope I won't find out about it then."

After that we talked for a while and I realised that I liked him way more than I should.

"Well Josephine it's almost time for next period so I should get going to my next class. I'll let your late attendance slip for this time, but please stop acting out like that in class. It drives me crazy." He said while smirking at me and walked away.

What did he mean by that? Does he have that same feeling I do?

-

I survived school for the day and was on my way to my bike as I got holden up by Brandon. "Hey Josephine, I was wondering if u wanted to hang out or something?"

"Or something?" I said raising an eyebrow while laughing. He turned red "No I'm just joking. I'd like to yes."

"Great, I'll grab my bike and then we can go grab a drink?" I nodded and smiled at him.

After cycling to the mall we decided to take a drink in this huge café. We talked a lot and it turned out we had a lot in common. It was very nice but then we got interrupted by a call from my mom asking where I was and that she wanted me to come home.
"I'm sorry Brandon but I've got to go home. I had a really great time." And gave him a hug before I walked away.

When I arrived home my mom immediately came up to me. "Why are you home so late, we have that neighborhood dinner in 30 minutes!"

"Don't yell at me like that. You were probably so busy with yourself that you forgot to tell me. But you know I'll forgive you as I'm such an amazing child, so I'll go get changed." And I ran upstairs.
I curled my hair and changed into an dark blue dress with a golden belt around my waist and put black heels on. I grabbed my golden earrings and a necklace to put on. I applied some makeup and a dark red lipstick.

I walked downstairs and saw my dad and mom waiting for me. "Ah there you are, come we have to go." My dad said, not even saying anything about how I looked, isn't that something your dad is supposed to do?

We walked to a house that was three doors from ours and knocked on the door. A beautiful young women opened the door and welcomed us in. She introduced herself and her husband as Esther and Richard Jackson. They had invited most of the people in the neighborhood to introduce themselves, as they just moved into the house.

I walked into the house and saw a huge table in the kitchen with I guess 15 chairs for people to sit on and have dinner at. I walked over to the living room and shaked hands with everyone who were already sitting there, including Daniel Hale. Why was he litteraly everywhere?

I sat down next to him and we talked for a while until we were called over to eat. Me and Daniel stood up last from the couch and when I was about to walk over to the kitched he grabbed my arm and whisperd in my ear. "You look amazing, I can't help but imagine the look under it." He smirked at me and walked to the kitchen.