Fifteen

It had been 2 hours since I left the house and she hadn't even left me a message. I had walked through the city, went over to the beach and now I'm on my way back home. It was 11.30PM and I hope my mom is asleep. I walked into the street seeing that the lights in the house were still on. Shit

I looked through the window from a distance and saw my dad arguing with my mom. No way that I was going back in there right now. Just as I was about to continue my walk and call Demi or anyone else to ask if I could stay over, I heard a door opening.
"Josephine, what are you doing so late out here?" It was Daniel. I walked over to his house and stopped in front if his door.

"I got into a fight with my mom. I didn't want to be in the house so I took a walk. What are you still doing up?" I asked, trying to dodge any more questions.

"Grading tests, I made a promise that I'd have it tomorrow. Unfortunately it takes a bit more time than I thought."

"Need any help?"

He didn't respond but opened the door further for me anyway.

"How long have you been out there?"

"About two hours I think."

"So you were about to go home? Why didn't you?"

"Because I saw my parents fighting through the window. I was about to continue my walk and call someone to ask if I could stay over."

"Oh, do they fight a lot? Your parents?"

"Not that I know of." I felt tears coming up and changed the subject. "So where are those tests you need to grade?"

"I'm almost done actually. I just need to calculate the points into grades."

"So you don't need help?"

He smirked "I just wanted you to come in." He confessed raising his hands up in defense. I laughed at him "Well you succeeded."

He walked over to the table where all the papers were lying and started to calculate. I walked over to the couch on the other side of the room and sat down on it. "You're not even coming to sit with me?"

"You're couch is way more comfortable and as you don't need my help anyway."

He laughed and continued.

After 10 minutes he was done and I had almost fallen asleep. "Josephine?" He whispered in my ear. The feeling of his warm breath in my ear send shivers down my spine. "Yeah?" I mumbled.

He laughed "You have fallen asleep didn't you?"

"No I didn't, maybe just a tini tiny nap." I responded. "I should probably see if my parents are asleep so I can go home."

He nodded and walked with me outside. I looked across the street and saw that the lights were still on downstairs. I was about to turn around and say goodbye to daniel as I heard a loud slamming of a door. It was my dad. He walked furiously to his car and drove off.

I don't know what came over me but when I saw him like that I knew that something was wrong and it was not going to be okay anymore. All the feelings I had cropped up this evening came rushing over me and I started crying.

It was unil two arms were wrapped around me I realised I was crying in front of Daniel, again. I wanted to stop but I couldn't, his arms around me felt safe. "Shhh, it's gonna be fine. Let's go inside, you can stay here if you want."

He pulled me back inside and sat down on the couch. His arms were still wrapped around me which made me have to sit on his lap. I didn't think clearly and kept crying. After a while I got my breath back. "I'm so sorry you have to see this again. I'm such a loser."

He grabbed my face with both hands and looked deep into my eyes. "You are not a loser. I love it that you show your feelings, that you are comfortable around me. You, Josephine, are amazing."

"I just don't get it. My whole life is falling apart, all because my mom needed a new job. Now she hates me, my dad is mad for some reason I don't know and now I am crying in front of you again. Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because Josephine, there is something about you I can't quite get my hand on, you give me this feeling everytime I see you but you don't have to worry about me. I do think you should have a proper conversation with both of your parents about this though."

"I can't, I've tried, they don't listen to me."

He wrapped his arm around me again and I lay my head on his shoulder. This, this was something I wanted. Everything with him felt right and after hearing him say those things about me, I knew he felt something between us too. I don't care he is my teacher, I'll just see him as my neighbour. Two neighbours who like each other ain't wrong right?

"Come, you should go to sleep."

He carried me upstairs and laid me down on his bed. He gave me a kiss on my forehead, "Goodnight Josephine" and walked to the door. I got a grip on his wrist and pulled him back. "Stay with me, please."

He smiled and laid down next to me wrapping his arms around me again as we both drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up to birds chirping outside and felt Daniel's arms still wrapped around me. I turned around and watched him sleep peacefully. I looked at my phone and saw it was 5.30AM. I also saw that my mom had texted me.

Mom:
Where are you?

Mom:
I'm worried

Mom:
I want you to come home

Mom:
Josephine please, let me know where you are.

Little did she know I was just across the street.

I tried to get out of Daniel's arm without waking him up, unfortunately he did anyway.

"I'm sorry, I didn't wanna wake you."

"You weren't gonna sneak off now were you?" He said with a low husky morning voice. Damn That sound gave me goosebumbs all over my body. I smiled "No I wasn't, I wanted to make you breakfast actually. But now that you are awake anyway, you can do it."

He laughed and tightened his grip on me. "How late is it anyway? I wanna stay here just for a little bit longer untill I have to pretend to be your teacher again."

"It's 5.35AM."

"Jeez, why did you wake up so early?"

Our heads were very close to each other and I couldn't take it anymore. The way he looked with those beautiful green eyes and his messy brown hair. I pressed my lips against his and he kissed me back immediately. The kiss was soft and smooth. I sat on him without breaking the kiss grinding down and heating up the kiss. His hands went over my body, down to my waist where he let them stay. A low moan escaped his mouth when I bit his lip as I tried to lift up his shirt. Unfortunately we were interrupted by a alarm going off.

"That's me, I'm sorry." He chuckled. He turned the alarm off and sat up straight, with me still sitting in his lap. "Do you want to take a shower? I'll make us breakfast."

"I don't have any fresh clothes to wear."

"That's no problem, I'll have something for you. I have two older sisters remember?"

"In that case, I'd love to."

He stood up and pointed at the shower. I walked in and he went downstairs to make breakfast.

After I was done, I saw he had laid down black jeans with a yellow lace top and a purple sweater. I chose the yellow top and put on the clothes.

Time to get some breakfast.