18 // sacrifice

third person p.o.v.

"The word is "guardian," Allison. More than anyone, you know that's a role I haven't exactly lived up to lately." Mr. Argent said as he opened the door of his apartment.

They entered and he turned the lights on, Stiles closed the door and they walked towards Argent's office.

"But she took Scott's mother, Stiles' father, and Eva's mother," Allison said. "That's not a coincidence."

"Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors," Stiles said. "That kind of felt like a warning to me."

"I think it might be Morrell," Allison suggested. "She knows a lot more than she lets on, and she might even be trying to help us."

"Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay?" Stiles mumbled. "Seeing as that the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away." He sat down.

"Stiles, don't give up hope." Mr. Argent said.

Stiles sighed before looking at Argent. "He could already be dead."

"I don't think so. There's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning." Mr. Argent said. "Still moving pieces into place."

"And you're one of them," Allison said again.

"Then let's not wait around to see her next move." Mr. Argent said, grabbing a map. "Everything she's done has been on a telluric current. So Melissa and the sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right?" Stiles got up to look at the map with Allison and her father. Mr. Argent looked at Stiles. "Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help."

Stiles shook his head. "So you seriously wanna go after her? I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?"

Mr. Argent grabbed a gun and Stiles widened his eyes. "I'm carrying a .45. Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off." He placed the gun down. "We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa, Crystal, and your dad. We've got a map and every clue we need to figure this out. The only thing we don't have is time. Which is why I need the three of you."

"Why did she even take Eva's mom?" Allison asked.

Argent shrugged, "I think she wants to make sure that she won't fail this time."

Stiles sighed. "Where do we start?"

Mr. Argent smiled and grabbed a light, telling them to approach the table. "The place where the sacrifices have been committed have usually been different from where the bodies have been found. I think the placement has to do with the strength of the current. So there's the school. the animal clinic, the bank." He showed them on the map.

"Wait a sec. She wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?" Stiles asked.

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time." He pointed to a mark on the map.

"Scott's boss." Allison mumbled.

"Deaton." Stiles nodded.

"It was her only failure. That could mean something."

"That's just one place so far. We're gonna need a lot more help." Stiles said.

"What about Lydia?" Allison suggested.

Mr. Argent looked at them a bit confused. "Lydia? What can she do?"

"Uh, Lydia's got sort of a talent," Stiles spoke up. "She somehow ended up finding a couple of the bodies, um, without actually looking for them."