70

The wolf began to stride over in my direction.

Let's get out of here, that wolf looks dangerous.

No response.

Sana!

That wolf isn't dangerous . . . well at least no to us.

Then why is he coming over here like a predator stalking its prey.

It's the first time we are both wolves at the same time. Zenon doesn't know how to react.

Zenon ?

That's his wolf's name.

Why do you guys get cool names like Zenon and he gets the name Greg. He sounds like a grocery bag stuffer who hates his job.

My wolf laughed but didn't respond.

I didn't realize that his wolf has been slowly creeping closer to me while I was having the internal monologue with my wolf, but he was now breathing on top of me.

He towered over my wolf, his snout was at my eye level. It was as if this position was a statement: I'm more powerful than you.

Both my wolf and I were in agreement that we didn't like the message. We growled and jumped up to nip his throat.

He avoided the attack and squinted his glowing red eyes at us. As if we were the strange ones for even moving at all.

Oh yeah, his power.

I forgot about that.

As his mate we are his equal, it does not have any effect on us.

It worked on me before though.

Well we weren't exactly on the best of terms back then, were we ? With you hating my very existence and diving into a state of self hatred that culminated into your ultimate decision to try and get rid of me with that witch's binding spell and -

I get it, you're angry with me.

Oh, I'm fucking livid, but that can wait until after this is over and we can have nice long talk then.

Whatever. I just want to know if his power works on us right now or not.

It shouldn't.

Does he know this ?

Not likely.

Then let's use that to our advantage later.

He walked back over to us and looked down. I almost growled at him for doing the same thing again, but now he lowered his entire enormous body onto the ground. He laid down in front of us, so we stood at the same height as him and his eyes shifted from red back into gold.

Is Greg back ?

No response.

I cautiously took one step towards him, and his gargantuan paw lifted into the air and behind us to nudge us closer to him. I slowly crept in and stood inches apart from him.