22

* still 3.5 years ago *

" Why do they look like that ?" I ask quietly.

" Like I know." Logan hisses.

" Oh god I'm gonna die." I whimper.

Logan crawls next to me," You aren't going to die." He says," I mind linked my pack, they're on the way."

" Like that'll help!" I hiss as I punch Logan.

" Well, if we shifted, were could both run for it and have a chance of surviving."

I open my mouth to tell him I'm human, again, but I refrain. Telling him again won't help me right now, especially if the rogues happen to hear.

I turn to face him, before staring into his eyes for a brief moment. My eyes trail down to his collar bone, where a fresh mark was displayed, and I blush harshly before looking back at the rogues.

" How about you leave ?" I say," I'll act as a distraction while you shift and run to find help."

" You'll almost certainly die." He says.

" You . . . you have someone to get back to." I say," I'm afraid I can't say I'm as lucky. You're more important than I am."

" I'm not leaving here." He says.

" You -" I turn to fight with him, but his eyes held unwavering determination," You're an idiot, you know that ?"

" I wasn't raised so terribly that I'd let a lady die for me." He smirks.

" I wonder why they haven't moved." I say as I stare at the red eyes, circling us.

" Just hope those monsters don't move for a little while longer." Logan says.

I see a rogue stop suddenly. It met my gaze with its red eyes and I glare back at it.

Logan suddenly speaks up," I can't seem to help feeling a little . . . sad for them." He said, almost absentmindedly," I - I mean, they're werewolves who went insane after their mates died. I can't imagine what I would do if Willis -"

I throw my hand over his mouth," Don't sympathize with these things. They only bring death, pain, and destruction, so don't consider them the victims because that sympathy does nothing for you if and when you fight them."

I hear bones snapping behind me, and I swiftly turn around to see a naked woman. Her eyes remained a sickly red and her matted black hair was brushing the ground at her feet.

" We've been looking for you." She says.

" Look here -" Logan says, but is interrupted by the woman's growl.

" I wasn't talking to you, meat." She turns to me," I was talking to you."

I squint my eyes," I have no idea why that would be the case."

" Well, little Ms.Runaway, let's just say your father sent us." She says.

" To take me back ?" I growl.

" Nice job, Sherlock." She says," Lucky for us, he never said to do it in one piece."

I stand up and ignore my shaking knees," So you plan to kill me then, do you ?"