Prologue: Fionna cakes are for Fionna only

It was an amazing day in the land of Aaa. The sun shined above the earth, and big, white, fluffy clouds floated in the sky. A young, hero girl ran across the grasslands at full speed.

"Faster, Cake!" She said as a large, magical cat ran not far along behind her.

"I'm running as fast as I can, Fionna!" The cat said, shrinking down to normal size. "Why are we in such a big hurry to get back home, anyway?" Cake asked, trying to keep up with the human girl.

"We need to get back there before BMO eats all of my 'Fionna cakes'." Fionna said, referring to the cupcakes that no one is allowed to eat but her.

They stopped at their home, a magnificent tree house. Cake turned her hand into a key form and unlocked the door.

Once Fionna heard the click, indicating that the front door was unlocked, she burst through the door, ran through the treasure room, up the stairs, past the living room, and into the kitchen. Only to find her 'Fionna cakes' untouched. Except one was missing some frosting! Fionna knew it too, she could tell.

Cake feared that Fionna wouldn't talk to BMO, even for a week. Cake suddenly started to feel bad. Fionna was standing there with a cupcake in her hand, eyes closed, and breathing deeply. She was trying to calm herself down. Cake put an arm around her best friend and simply said, "Don't worry about it. "

Fionna nodded her head in agreement. She opened her eyes and smiled weakly.

"Yeah, it's just a little frosting anyway. Nothing too major." She said, putting all of her cupcakes in her secret hiding spot. "BMO is forgiven." Fionna said in a loud voice, but in her head she was saying, "For now."

The little video game system came out from hiding under a blanket,. "Oh, thank Glob!" said BMO, giving a relived look. Fionna looked at BMO and smiled.

After about an hour of the two girls playing video games on BMO, they realized that the sun was going down. They decided to head to bed.

Fionna took a shower, and Cake...well, she's a cat. She basically just licked herself clean, which often grossed Fionna out to the point where she would have to look away.

When Fionna came out of the shower, wrapped in a big, warm, fuzzy bathrobe, she saw Cake fast asleep in the drawer that she substituted as a bed. Fionna smiled at the sight of her sister's comfort. She changed into her red pj's, and put on her bunny hat. She then jumped into her bed to get ready to go to sleep.

Ten minutes went by and Fionna was wide-eyed, laying in bed, staring at the ceiling. She tossed and turned, but she had given up on trying to sleep, she was just too energized.

She looked over at Cake, who was still asleep. Quietly, Fionna left her bed. She climbed down the ladder, and entered the living room. She lit a candle and walked into the kitchen. She reentered the living room, again, but this time she had a big red apple in her hands. She had picked it when she and Cake were at Mr. Tree Trunks' house. It was by far the most red apple ever. She set the apple on the coffee table, and lit a few more candles.

As she sat on the couch she opened a big book, entitled 'The Enchiridion: Hero's Handbook'. She had gotten it after passing trails testing her heroic attributes. Fionna loved reading 'The Enchiridion', she loved learning new battle attacks and strategies for defeating evil. Fionna very much enjoyed killing all things evil. Even her moto was "I'll slay anything that's evil, that's my deal." Except there was one evil that Fionna would never think of slaying. Well, technically, Fionna wouldn't consider it evil, just corrupted.

Then, her mind started thinking about him: Marshall Lee, the vampire king. Fionna smiled at the thought of her best guy friend. She loved going on adventures with him because he could take care of himself, unlike Prince Gumball, who would always get prince-napped by Ice Queen. But Fionna hated the fact that Marshall thought that he was evil. He wasn't evil, just a troublemaker.