T H I R T E E N

Chapter song: Iris by the GooGoo Dolls

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

"NO USE calling out!" Her dad cackled. His hand thrusted down and she felt the flimsy glass bottle burst against her right eye brow. Pain exploded over her face. Blood trickled down the side of her temple.

Squirming around as much as she could, Ryan wiggled free. Crawling on her bruised knees, she made it to the living room. She started to get annoyed with the stupid backpack on her back, so Ryan flung it out the front door which she had left ajar.

"Ryan Nicole!" He yelled , and stomped toward her. Being as quick as she could, Ryan ran toward the door. Her knees crumbled underneath her, but Ryan forced herself to continue. Unfortunately, her father was faster then she was. He slammed the door shut.

"Fuck!" Ryan murmured, and he pinned her up against the cold door. His calloused hands wrapped around the fabric of her tee shirt. Using the extra material in his palms, he threw Ryan to the couch. Her body crashing down on the cushions.

"You've been away for too long, I'm in need of some fun," He growled.
Reaching over, he started to undo Ryan's belt buckle. Her breath began to shake as her small feet kicked at his legs. She was reliving her worst nightmare. Once it was undone, he ripped the belt out of its loops. Tearing one of her belt loops during the process.

"No please..." Ryan whimper out to herself, though her voice was barely audible. She couldn't breath and was clinging to any amount of oxygen she could muster. Ryan was still struggling to push him away.
His eyes meet hers, and they filled with anger. She watched as he raised his hand and connected it with her face. The lonely wedding ring he still wore hit her lip, cutting it open.

The action stole the words out of her mouth. He smiled in satisfaction as his hand traveled to the button on her pants. Ryan's eyes meet with a near by wall, knowing where this was going to lead. She tried her best to zone out. She knew there was no use in fighting it. Her body ached, and couldn't handle the struggle any longer.
Soon enough her jeans had escaped her body, and were thrown effortlessly on the floor.

With him starting at the hem of Ryan's shirt, Ryan glanced at the front door and watched as it opened. Her eyes narrowed.
Quietly in walked Henry, with a baseball bat gripped tightly in his hands.

Ryan opened her blacken eye widen enough to beg for help. Henry's eyes widen once he took note of her beaten up face. He nodded, and lifted his arms up getting ready to swing. The next few seconds started to blurry together.

Ryan's dad laid on the floor, knocked out. Next to him was a dented, blue metal baseball bat. Henry glanced at him, then his eyes drifted to the side and find their way to her abandoned jeans. He picked them up and handed them to her.

"Thank you.." Ryan whispered and slid them up past her thighs. Once fully dressed again, Ryan tugged on Henry's shirt telling him it's okay to turn around. His eyes meet with hers.
Henry pulled the girl into a hug. Ryan thought she would tense up, or push him away. But she didn't. She crumbled into his touch.
"Ryan, why did you make me drive here?" He asked, voice laced with guilt.

"I've been living at the Uris's. I just wanted my clothes so I could stop stealing other peoples,'" She sighed, pulling away from the hug. She reached up wiped some stray tears. Henry looked up at her and nodded.

"Listen Henry, I don't think I can tutor you today," Ryan mumbled, though she was staring the obvious. She walked to the door and picked up her bag.

"Of course! I'll see you tomorrow?" He questioned her, getting in his car. He need some reassurance that she was going to be okay.
Ryan nodded, twisting on her heels and started to walk to Stans house. Before she began to walk through, Ryan turned back around.