0.7

chapter seven
"what if it's love?"

ONCE THOSE words left her mouth, richie felt a blush creep upon his face

ONCE THOSE words left her mouth, richie felt a blush creep upon his face. "what?" he whispered.

ryan's face showed that she too was shocked at the words she spoke. she looked down and bit her lip nervously; ryan started to peel at the skin harshly with her front teeth.

"i don't know, i mean- i didn't..." ryan mumbled then sighed. richie could tell how unsure she was with her wording, and he noticed her body began to tense up. he gently placed a hand on her knee.

"hey— there's nothing to be ashamed of. i mean a crush is a crush," richie chuckled, a comforting yet still flirtatious tone dripping from his tongue.

"i know richie but don't get me wrong, i like you— at least i think i do?" she shook her head softly and gazed down at the floor. " 'm sorry, emotions are hard for me sometimes," the girl sighed.

richie gave her hand a slight squeeze as he listened to her. "it's okay," he nodded. "they're hard for me too."

ryan smiled softly up at him. "i'm not sure how i feel about you—but i do know that i'm not sure if im ready for this," ryan whispered, and turned her body even more away from the boy.
richie understood. they had met barely hours prior, yet supposedly the young heart wants what it wants. or at least that's what all the storybooks preached.

richie took his hands, and gently pulled her towards him. he laid her head onto his lap and he began to play with her brown locks. ryan stiffed her shoulders at the gesture. she tried her best to relax once she realized what richie was doing.

"ryan, that's okay. it's alright," he murmured to her.

"are you sure?" ryan sniffed lightly and nuzzled into the boy's thighs.

richie soften his eyes as her sincere question. he gave a sadden sigh then began to play with her hair once more. "of course im sure, baby." he nodded to himself knowing that she couldn't see him. "i promise."

they stayed like this for a long time, not a sound in the room except for their mixed breathing. richie's eyes refused to leave ryan as his fingers intertwined through her soft curls. a lot was running around his mind.

"rich?" ryan finally broke the silence after roughly 15 minutes. she opened her eyes and twisted so she was laying with her back on richies lap instead of her side. ryan gazed up at him.

"hmm?" he hummed back, his brown irises meeting hers as soon as she looked up.

"can i tell you about... about my dad?" she said in a hushed tone. richie widen his eyes.

"yes of course," richie fumbled over his words. "of course you can."

ryan readjusted her laying position so she wouldn't feel so stiff. "well ive never told anyone this before so if i mess up— if i get nervous..." ryan paused as she preparing herself to talk about such a tough subject. "please bare with me, okay?"