0.9

chapter nine
"don't touch me"

"oh come on hot stuff!" richie huffed a harsh exhale through his nose as the pair walked outside

"oh come on hot stuff!" richie huffed a harsh exhale through his nose as the pair walked outside. "what was so funny back there?" the boy nagged on.

"oh sweet lord richie," ryan watched as the boy picked up his bike and swing one of his legs over it. "nothin' happened!" she laughed fully with her chest as she hopped on the back of his bike.

"sure," richie pouted his lips dramatically, but felt his frown fade when he felt ryan wrap her arms around his waist tightly. the rest of the group were soon settling on their bikes and then the handful of rowdy teenagers set off on their adventure toward to lake.

ryan's right hand was wrapped around her left wrist to ensure she wouldn't to fall off of the bike. as she laid her head on richie's back, ryan watched the scenery drift on by once again. her mind fell slowly back into an inclosed daydream that only her mind was capable of. her eyes drew things much brighter than the real universe could--and she grinned at her illuminating fantasies. the houses she saw in her mind built the kindest families with the most picture perfect memories. the yards were grandly decorated with tall bushes with fresh fruit and the most stunning floral arrangements. ryan imagined that the neighborhood streets they flew down were filled with such an innocent happiness and she wished to dive straight into them. she grinned, took a deep inhale, and closed her eyes. ryan started to wish time would just stop, for she would do anything to make this moment last forever.

"ah-- shit!" ryan heard richie whisper harshly as he stopped the bike using his leg. the sudden movement caused the girl to open her eyes and lift her head back up.

"what is it?" ryan questioned, looking around. all she saw were big trees, leaves on the ground and a navy blue, four seat car.

"shit!" the boy continued to whisper under his breath as the rest of the group halted their bike ride as well. "shit! shit! shit!" he cursed more and raised his voice from a murmur to a panicked call. he began to run his hand through his curls messily.

"what?" ryan asked again, this time louder as to gain the gangs' attention.

"that's henry b-bowers c-car. fuck!" bill cursed under his breath, and bev peaked her head around bill's shoulder to see the car with her own eyes. ryan watched as the other girl took a deep, shaky breath. she couldn't help her wondering curiosity on why the environment around the losers had changed so quickly.

"okay and?" ryan pondered quietly and jumped off of the bike. she wandered to a patch of wild flowers--blue bells and babies breath-- and scooped up the few that were fully blooming. "who is harry bowers?"

"henry bowers," stan corrected ryan as he eyed the girl who seemed to not give a care in the world about the issue at large. "he is the biggest bully in this town--he practically tortures us every day! we're dead!" stan cried. "we're so fricking dead."