0.2

chapter two
"bite me, Tozier"

RICHIE WAS summer heat and spark in human form

RICHIE WAS summer heat and spark in human form. He was dripping with dopamine, desire, and determination. Richie was the soft hunger and craving of cigarette smoke, but also the sweet kiss of fresh air. He was ink blotted love letters. Richie was young and childish but never lost his way. He was always true to himself, a lesson that Ryan would learn later into their relationship. That's why the girl never questioned the way he acted-- she would never put out his flame just as he would never put out hers.

"He is the most ridiculous person I think I've ever met," Ryan muttered to herself as she turned on her heels to face the others.

"I mean I wouldn't say ridiculous," Eddie shrugged.

Ryan raised an eyebrow at him. "What would you call it then?" She asked, looking behind her once again at the closed school doors.

"Obnoxious," Eddie chuckled.

"Loud mouthed," Ben added.

"Flirty," This was Beverly.

"I was going to say extremely horrible and vile," Stan joked as he rubbed his eyebrow. He cracked a soft smile.

"Well sure he's crude," Bill grinned. "B-but we love our t-trash mouth."

Ryan felt a smile of her own slip out. "All noted," She tucked her hands into her front pockets.

"So," Bev bumped her shoulder with Ryan's to grab her attention. "Where did you move from?"

Ryan looked up at the ginger, feeling her eyes bounce from every feature. Beverly had soft, delicate features with hair of ember and the ghost of razor blades. Beverly looked like summer rain and citrine. "Georgia," Ryan replied after a moment, tearing her eyes away from the other. "We lived pretty deep in the state though, so my accent is pretty thick I guess," She watched them all nod along with her answer.

"Why move so far into the school year?" Ben tilted his head a little. "School is nearly over-- so I'm not sure you'll really learn anything new here before summer break."

Ryan felt her heart sink at the question. "Um, it's a long story," She murmured softly, rubbing her fingertips up and down her arms. "Dad just wanted to get out," Ryan lifted her lips into a smile. "Fresh start, you know?"

Ben nodded. "Take it from the last new addition to this group," He chuckled as he looked around toward the others. "I get it."

The bell sounded, and all the teens looked around as frowns found their faces. "Damn," Stan groaned, gripping his backpack strap in his hands. "See you guys later," he called over his shoulder as he departed from them.

"Oh wait--" Ryan tried to grab the group's attention again. "Do any of y'all have Mrs. Johnson by chance?"

Bill raised his hand slightly from the back of the cluster. "I do, d-don't worry."