Chapter 47 Part 2

Start from the beginning

And much to my satisfaction, no other males had approached her.

Especially that bastard, Daren and his posse.

I had noticed him eyeing her a couple of times as she walked by, but he didn't say anything.

My wolf was on guard though, he was pacing nervously and aching to go be with his mate. I tried to calm him down, but he was just jittery with PME - my abbreviation for post-mating emotions.

As I was talking to Alpha Horris, Breydon came up behind me and patted my back, "Don't look now, but Darren and his posse are moving in on Alexis."

Rage cooled inside me, and I whipped around in time to see Darren kissing Alexis's hand. My wolf growled angrily and shook his fur out.

Mate. My mate. He's a pig. Toss him to the squirrels. Go.

I was with him till the squirrels comment, but nonetheless, I put my glass down and went over to the little group. 

I made it there just in time to hear Darren say, "–so beautiful. Where have you been all my life?"

Alexis blinked and gently pulled her hand away from his grip, "Um, living mine. With my mate."

A smile grew on my face at her words.

That's my mate. 

My wolf huffed proudly and moved closer so he could stare at her.

"Gentlemen," I cleared my throat, walking around them to get to Alexis. She smiled warmly, but I could read the look in her eyes clearly. She had the save-me-from-these-horny-Alphas-who-have-no-respect-for-mates look.

I tugged her into my side and buried my nose in her hair so my wolf would stop huffing and puffing, and kissed her temple, "Hello darling."

Daren glared daggers into my head as my arm tightened around Alexis, who seemed slightly annoyed by this exchange and loosened my hold.

"Darren, I see you've met my Luna," I said, smirking as his eyes narrowed on my hand gripped her hips. 

He shook his head, "I had no idea she was mated. I thought she was just a date. Her mark was too small for me to notice. Perhaps you should have made it bigger."

His posse snickered quietly, and I rolled my eyes at his immaturity.

"He had already marked me in other areas so there was no need for this mark to be big," Alexis chimed in sweetly, "Besides, everyone already knows we belong with each other."

Darren seemed surprised by her input, "Uh, yes. Of course, silly me. Well, if you'll excuse me, I see some people I need to talk to."

We watched him walk away as if his ass was on fire, and I took this chance to talk to Alexis before someone else interrupted us.

"Sorry about that," I muttered sheepishly, "I know you don't like me being possessive."

"It's alright. I realized that you were PMEing still so I tried not to let it bother me," she said, cupping my cheeks and getting on her tiptoes to give me a kiss.

We heard someone 'aw' and pulled apart to see we had an audience of older Lunas. They smiled sheepishly and turned away quickly as if they hadn't watched us kiss.

I chuckled and took her hand, "How about we stick together tonight? My wolf is not beyond tossing some of these Alphas to the squirrels, chipmunks, or whatever creatures eat acorns."

"I thought the saying was tossing to the wolves."

"Well, that doesn't exactly work in our case now, does it?"

She pursed her lips, "Good point. But can you imagine it?"

We looked at each other and burst into laughter.

Now, that was an image I would pay to see.

Hey loves! What do you guys think? I have two surprises coming up for you guys. One of them is already on my profile. So head over to my message board to see what I'm talking about ;)

LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*