Chapter 10 - The Talk

Virgil P.O.V.

I hear someone running... Then a door closing... What time is it? I look at my phone. It's 7 a.m. Wow. I don't remember the last time I've had a good night of sleep. A full 4 hours of sleep! Nice. I slowly start to wake up. My body is still in 'sleeping mode'. I can't help but notice that delicious smell of bacon floating in the air. I sit up and rub my eyes before looking at the kitchen table. There is a plate full of breakfast goodies. There is some pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast and everything! But there is also a piece of paper on it. I get up and walk towards the delicious looking plate. On the paper, my name is written on it! I pick it up and read.

Dear Virgil,

I know that you're the one I've been looking for in the past the past month. The first time I read your letter, you made me feel itty bitty butterflies in my stomach. I just want you to know that if you want to talk about it, I'll be waiting in my room.

Sincerely, Prince Roman

P.S. I made you breakfast!

I can't believe it! Roman can cook?! I don't usually eat breakfast because I'm never hungry in the morning but I'm kind of curious. I take a bite of the fluffy pancake. They... are... delightful! I didn't know Princey was such a good cook! I'm impressed. I take another bite and before I knew it, the whole serving was gone. I guess I was starved more than I thought. I should maybe go talk to Roman... I don't really want to but I should at least thank him for the breakfast.

***

"Hey... Roman?" I say as I knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

I enter his room. He was sitting on the bed like he was waiting for me. He was also holding the letter I wrote him...

"So... you wanted to, uhm, talk about... that?" I ask trying to avoid eye contact.

"Yes. I do. Listen Virgil, I want you to know that I really appreciate those letters you sent me, I really do ...but..."

"I knew it..." I whisper to myself but even so, Roman heard what I said.

"No Virgil. Listen to me! It's not what you think!" he says trying to make me feel better but it's not helping. Honestly it's making it harder to keep everything inside. My heart is on the verge of explosion and my eyes can't contain the tears I've been holding on for the past few days.

"Don't. Please. You'll only make it worse." I reply. I turn around and head for my room in a rush. I can hear him calling my name but I don't care. I just want to be alone. Isolated from everyone. I don't want to see anybody and I don't want anybody to see me. Not like this...