Chapter 18

Above is a picture of Mrs. Ryder

***

I knocked on the door and Colton was standing next to reassuring me everything was going to be alright.

A lady I was guessing was the maid answered the door.

"Hello?" she asked. She had dark brown hair in a bun with a cute little dress on with an apron.

"Can I help you?" She had nice make up on as well.

"I am here to see Mr. and Mrs. Ryder" I said confidently.

"Who are you?" she asked confused. She put one had on her hip and I noticed how nice the house was behind her.

"I am the birth mother of all the children." I said not knowing how I should introduce myself.

"You are the mother of all those wild kids?" she asked.

I nodded.

"You are crazy to have all of them so close in age too. Were you trying to achieve something?" asked the rude maid.

I was done with her criticism I just wanted to go home with my kids and leave this crazy place.

As I was about to open my mouth a lady who was dressed very nicely with her red/orange hair in a nice shiny pony tail with pale rosy cheeks and beautiful body walked by.

She stopped when she saw me.

"Hello!" she waved to me coming to the door, and the maid politely moved to the side.

"Oh you must be Mr. Pinefield please come in." She opened the door for us and the maid left.

"And you must be Ana!" her eyes sparkled as she shook my hand.

I nodded and Colton followed behind me as she lead the way to a huge living space, with super high ceilings.

"Your kids are absolutely amazing, and adorable, sweet things. I will be sad to see them go. But I know they would much rather be with their birth mom." She smiled at me.

She stopped at a cream colored coach and we sat down across from her. She had tea set out for us already.

"I am so excited to meet the mother of these fabulous kids!" she was genuinely a kind person with a bright personality. She was wearing a tan pencil skirt with a matching jacket and blouse underneath and nude heels.

"Mr. Ryder is on a job trip but he will be back soon."

I was happy the kids had been living with this woman, at least they had a nice home.

I looked over at Colton and he was smiling listening to Mrs. Ryder ramble on about my kids.

"Oh but you must miss them so much! Let me call them. They are doing their homework at their study desks upstairs."

She blew a whistle that was around her neck and soon I heard the patter of feet coming down some stairs.

I looked to the left where one by one they stood in line quietly, all my children grown up.

They were all wearing some kind of uniform, dark pants or skirt and white top, with black shoes. Did they go to a private school?

As soon as they saw me sitting in the room they all looked at each other confused like they remembered me but couldn't quite place me.

My heart cracked. They didn't remember me.

"Guys come on over!" Mrs. Ryder waved her arms motioning them to come sit next to her.

"You guys it's your mother don't you recognize her?" she exclaimed.

They sat down silently on either side of her and they shook their heads.

I felt a tear escape. Not only because I had missed my children so much and missed watching them grow up but also because they had no idea who I was.

________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's short!

But thanks for reading :)

Comment

Vote

Feedback

~Cashergirl