Chapter 10

Hey guys please check out my new book "The Unbroken" :))

Above is a picture of Grant

_____________________________________________________________________

Ana POV

I woke up and realized that I had slept through my alarm. Today was the day that I had off to get my restaurant going. Find employees and talk about a menu and work up to getting equipment. I sat up and remembered something was very wrong.

OMG

Grant is gone!!! He was taken only a letter...all the memories from yesterday came flooding back.

I sunk back into the bed tears rising.

I held back a sob and got up and got ready for the day.

Grant would be fine...Grant would be fine....I kept repeating over and over.

***

I walked into my new cafe it looked the same as the day I bought the place.

It was beautiful.

My mom had the children and Jackson was at work which meant that I had a whole day just to focus on my cafe.

I cleaned up around the whole cafe first dusting and sweeping, getting rid of all the cobwebs.

I went to the hardware shop and got some stuff of my style, table clothes, silverware, cups, dishes, all different appliances as well. I got some new lights and stools, menu signs etc.

I was so proud by the end of the day I had forgotten all about Grant missing.

Then my phone rang on my way to picking up my kids.

It was Jackson I picked it up not thinking of what bad news it could be.

"Hey Ana so we got some news back from the police they had a break through." Jackson's voice was hard to make out. I couldn't tell what emotion it was.

"Okay I am just about to pick up the kids from Gram's when did they call you?" my heart was beating faster each second.

They called me a few minutes ago and I promised earlier that I would call you the second after they call me.

"Right. So what did they say?" I choked on the last word.

"They said that they found the suspect or person matching the notes DNA and finger print but they didn't find Grant. The person refuses to tell details of where Grant is and..." I zoned out as he kept talking. I couldn't understand anything after 'they didn't find Grant'.

I blurred out and suddenly the car swerved my eyes focused again but all I saw was landscape of a forest before I flew over the rail.

Then everything went black.

***

Jackson POV

I finished what I was saying and paused a moment waiting for it to sink through on the other side of the phone. But I didn't hear anything except for a screech of tires and a loud crash before it said the call had been disconnected.

"Ana!!! Ana!!!" I kept screaming her name into the phone but I got no response.

I called 911 a number I now know too well.

I told them all about what happened over the phone and the sounds and the disconnected phone.

I told them where approximately she would have been and then I jumped into my car and started in the same direction.

***

I passed her moms house and soon I saw where her car had gone off the road. There was a lot of smoke and the car was badly crushed into a tree. Luckily there wasn't a fire.

I ran over to the car and tried to open the door where I saw Ana bloody and unconscious. I tried to get the car door open but it was dented and wasn't opened easily. I found a broken piece of metal from the damaged car and smashed it against the window.

Glass shattered inside the car but I could at least reach Ana and try to pull her out.

It isn't easy pulling an eight month pregnant lady out but I was hoping the baby would be safe as well.

Then I saw flashing red lights the police and ambulance were coming.

Everything after that was a blur and I just kept thinking this was all my fault. I shouldn't have told her about Grant when she was driving but she was also pregnant which meant hormones everywhere.

I am so stupid. What was I thinking?

Now 3 family members were in jeopardy. Including the new born...

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry it was shorter but a lot happened during this chapter!!!

Feedback?

Comments

Vote

~Cashergirl