Chapter 8

NEW UPDATE WITH THE NEW YEAR

___________________________________________________

I stepped into our huge mini van.  As well as a new house, we were also saving up for an expedition car. I was very excited that I was on my way to the new cafe that I was going to own. This was going to be a side job from my main job of teaching.

Today was a Saturday and I wanted to make sure to get the building before I was due with the baby which was in a couple months.

I closed the door and started the engine driving off. The kids were with my parents and Jackson was at work. I had the day off today and so this was my one chance to get and see the place.

I drove out of the driveway and went downtown to where the real estate was.

I parked in the parking lot and saw another car in the lot. It must be the real estate manager.

I walked into the building it was a pretty normal amount of space for a cafe with booths and tables with a bar, cash register, machines in the back. It used to be owned by another owner but they have retired and wanted to give it to someone else. I had been saving money for as long as I can remember for a place like this. And the fact that a place opened up and was a cafe, was a sign.

I walked over to where the manager was sitting with a laptop in front of him.

"Hello Mr. Johnson my name is Anastasia Clarkson and I was the one who called you with an offer."

I shook his hand and sat down.

He was probably in his mid forties he had brown hair slicked back he looked very business-like.

He didn't even look up from his screen when he put his hand out for me to shake.

I sat down putting my pocket book in my lap now nervous.

"Alright..." he said tapping slower and closing the laptop.

"Now you want this place and for the exact offer on this sheet, correct?" he slid a paper to my side of the counter.

I quickly looked over the sheet and nodded.

"Well, if you are willing to take it please sign here and we will have you finish the other paper work after." He was serious the whole time barely meeting my eye. He was probably surprised a pregnant woman like me was willing to take on a business.

After the meeting ended the property solely was mine. I was imagining trying to get employees and more machines, flyers and menus.

I happily took the paper work and thought about opening a bank account for the company and all the tax and extra bills there would be. I checked my watch it was almost 2. I got into my car and called my mom.

She picked up as I was backing out of the space.

"Hey mom how are the kids doing?" I hoped they had been napping because I needed to go grocery shopping after I picked them up.

"They are good, very good."

"Okay thanks mom I am going to be at your house in about twenty to twenty five minutes. Does that sound good?" I hated having my mom taking care of all the children. Three kids were a lot especially since Valerie has hearing aids now. Even though she had gotten her speaking and memory back she was starting to lose her hearing.  Her situation had gotten a lot better. 

"Grant is just reading his comics and was playing Xbox earlier. Uh-Dani has been watching a movie and Valerie was playing with barbies."

"Have they eaten yet?" I asked.