Chapter 15

*YEARS LATER*

I had given up my kids and now they lived with a friend of mine. I had to get over the fact that I was done with having a family. I would never marry and have any more children.

Not that I wanted anymore children.

I had told my friend that I didn't ever want to see my children again and that was final.

I was now in my late 30's and had given her all the kids stuff and sold some extra stuff for money where I moved towns to New York. Now I was happily the boss of a big company and I had people working under me.

Don't ask where my ex husband is because I don't care.

I had given up my dream cafe and now Jackson was remarried.

I didn't have to think of him though I have more important things to think about.

I got my bachelors degree in business and made my way up to the top.

My parents were of course not happy about how I treated my children but I didn't talk to them anymore.
I lived in a big house and I didn't need anyone in my life. I liked it that way.

***

I ran up the stairs as lady-like as possible in my black pencil skirt and heels. I had a bunch of meetings today and I hoped that Lisa had done all the planning. I had given her plenty of time to do so.

My secretary ran up the stairs behind me.

"Ms. Hart I just got a call that the 1 o'clock meeting was pushed til 3. Is that okay?" she opened her notebook in her arms to show me the schedule of today.

"Of course. Can you please make sure that Lisa has all the information for ALL the meetings today Ready?" I stopped at the top of the stairs.

She jotted some notes down and continued down the stairs to the opposite way.

I sighed and unlocked my office door and set down my laptop.

I walked to the front of my door again and took off some sticky notes that people had left for me.

Boss,

We need to hire a new computer person last one was stealing money

I gasped. Well I am glad they at least caught them.

Boss,

A sponser wants us to donate and they will give us in exchange here's the number... ***-***-****

Boss,

call back Brenda ***-***-****

Boss,

Hailey is going on leav need someone to sub in

Boss,

call the bank