"She died waiting for you.. She even died in you're own fucking house! You were her fucking mate and you abandoned her!"

"You're sister was not my mate!" Neo hissed. "I didn't even know she was dead!"

"And why the fuck not? Why'd you run Neo? Huh? Did you enjoy putting her through that pain?" Eric got closer and grabbed Neo by his collar although it didn't do much considering Neo was a lot taller than him.

"She changed, she wasn't herself." Neo tried to push him off but to no avail.

"No! You're the one who changed! My sister wasn't good enough for you, is that it? Not like that whore half-breed you were just with?!"

Okay. That did it.

With a quickness, that surprised even Neo himself, his fist shot out and met Eric's jaw, his knee quickly following after it. Within seconds, Neo had Eric pinned to the grassy ground beneath them, his own voice a tone he had heard his father use only once in his life when he was a child.

"If you ever talk about my mate like that again, I will gladly help you in joining your sister. Now if you'll shut up for one fucking second maybe I can help shed light as to why I left her sorry ass behind.

She was vile. Wicked. Cruel. Just like the bitch who shit you out. A leech. She wasn't herself after she thought she could have me. She changed. Do you understand? I was not her mate, I am not her mate, and I will never be her mate. I left to find mine and I did." Neo spat every word with a venom he hadn't realized he had been nurturing for so long. He had to remember he had been holding the poor kid's throat in a grip like a vice and with a sigh he let go. "I loved your sister as if she was my own sister. Nothing more."

Eric was silent for a while, tears streaked down across his temples and disappeared into his hairline. He was still, his eyes staring up above as if he wasn't sure how to move on. "You really weren't mates."

He hadn't asked it as if he truly wanted someone to answer, but as if he finally understood some truth that had been hidden from him. As if he had to declare it for himself before he could finally move on.

"We were not mates."

He was silent again, Neo watched with a curiosity as life began to flood back into his eyes. Eric raised his arm limply and pointed to a field of trees and statues. A Vaulkarian graveyard.

"She was buried there. The only tree with the flowers. Her tombstone is there." Eric's voice was quiet and sad.

Neo felt for the kid. He seemed like the only person in the Winter's family to at least have some grasp on their head. Swallowing down the mild temper that was still burning under the surface he offered Eric a hand up. He stared at it for a while before accepting it.

"Will you not go and at least see her?" Eric dropped his head, his shoulders sagged. Defeated was the best way to describe him.

Neo wanted to turn him down, but sympathy got the better of him. With a curt nod he agreed. "I guess, if it means that much to you."

Eric seemed to perk up at this, something flashing in his eyes as he did. "Maybe we can get a beer after?"

Neo laughed, "Whatever. So long as you don't punch me again."

Eric laughed with him and walked in front, leading Neo to Yuri's tomb.

The Vaulkarian graveyard was different from the graveyards he had seen on earth, where there were only statues and the occasional garden or bouquet of flowers, here there were trees. It was in all sense a forest that belonged to the dead. For each major family, a tree was planted over a tomb that would hold all the members of that family, each family had their own tree. Neo recognized many, the house of Emmerac, the house of Tsu, even the house of Trevanni. All had great trees that symbolized the purpose of their family. It always amazed Neo whenever he saw the place, although before now he had no real reason to enter, to see so many trees stand together. In a way, it seemed as if death was the only way to bring these families so close together. While these families were alive, they would die before they ever step foot on the same soil as another. It seemed as if death took them seriously and made them all slumber under the same soil.