Chapter 11

So... Jacky," Tamara said, trying to fill in the silence that had lulled itself over them. Neo was busy on his telecom he snatched from Dun'mar, Jacquelyn had been quietly navigating their way through space (even though it wasn't needed), leaving Tamara all alone with nothing to do since there was nothing to shoot at or blow up. Some R&R wouldn't hurt right?

"Yes?" Jacquelyn turned and gave Tamara her full attention. Bright green burned into dark warm pools of golden brown. Jealous. That's how Tamara felt. Wish my eyes looked like that.

"Tell me about yourself. I mean, it's going to take a while for us to drop you off at Crex so... I figured in the meantime we should get to know each other!" Tamara said enthusiastically, clapping her green hands together happily.

"What do you want to know?" Jacquelyn was a bit appalled to the idea of suddenly sharing secrets but a few questions wouldn't hurt anything. Besides. She liked Tamara.

"Let's see..." Tamara put her index finger to her mouth and gently tapped her lower lip as she thought. "Here. Let's do 20-Questions! I'll go first! What is your full name?"

"Jacquelyn Ray Wake," Jacquelyn blushed a little before perking up with a question of her own. "What's your full name?"

"Tamara V Aramat!" She sang energetically.

"Aramat? Isn't that Tamara just spelt backwards?" Neo asked suddenly, a soft sarcastic chuckle leaving his lips.

"Hey! I don't make fun of your shit alias! Bastard," Tamara grumbled.

"Alias? So Neo isn't his real name?" Jacquelyn asked, she was worried about what to think now. After all these two were high time criminals, so she shouldn't have been so surprised but it still hurt just the slightest. Gah... Get it together girl!

"Oh no, Neo is his real name, but his last name isn't." Tamara laughed.

"Oh? What's his last name? Uh, currently I mean."

"Tamara I swear if-"

"The First."

Silence.

"Your ego is awfully large isn't it?" Jacquelyn finally said, staring at Neo with a blank stare.

Tamara busted up laughing slapping her knee as she did so. Neo just glared and rolled his eyes before cooling saying, "I am The First."

"Yeah, the first dipshit!" Tamara hooted as she wiped away a tear.

"Oh shut up! Gods help me, what the hell is wrong with you today?" Neo hissed. Quickly and with an obvious tick on his shoulder he got up and walked out of the room muttering profanities under his breath.

Jacquelyn wasn't sure how to react, she was still trying to figure out what the relationship between those two were. Seeing such new emotions and scenarios made her head spin. Maybe things weren't so black and white after all? She had originally seen Neo as some carefree playboy that had been living the 'big dream' as a classic thief, dangerous and cunning. However, whenever he was around Tamara he was entirely different, like a child almost, animated was a good way to describe it. Discovering such things made her wonder what other sides he had, what he was like when he was mad, or even sad, when he was scared. She shook her head free of those thoughts. They wouldn't do anybody any good, especially her.

Tamara slowly calmed down, sighing loudly trying to fight another fit of giggles as she drank a mysterious liquid from a small metal canteen. She calmly screwed the cap back on before leaning back into her chair gleefully. This was going to be fun, she thought. She was happily enjoying herself until she saw Jacquelyn deep in thought. Tamara enjoyed the way her lower lip slightly puckered out as she chewed on the inside of her cheek, her eyes were open but unfocused, blank as she played things over in her mind. She wondered why Neo was denying himself someone like her, Jacquelyn was the type of girl he always considered a fairytale. She wasn't overloading on the sex appeal, but just right. She was curvier than most women, even in Vaulkarian races, tanner too. Her eyes had a sort of wildness to them that just absorbed a person in, they said I've been hurt but that's okay, because I became a total badass. She witnessed first hand how those golden pools of color glowed and laughed when she had been fighting with Jared, she didn't even scream out in pain when he had tossed her. She just leapt back up like a cat on crack, and even more lethal the second time. She was dangerous, knew how to make a blow count, but completely innocent and someone you would want to protect. Not to mention she had the perfect length of hair that stopped just below the shoulder blades and waved from root to tip, shining a brilliant black, but no doubt, thanks to her Vaulkarian traits, glowed red in the sun.