Chptr 62: Hoping for him!

Nandini

The doctor came out of the cabin. I was about to ask him about what they talked but before I could say something, he cut me off.

"You all need to be with him right now..he really needs it!" he said gesturing towards the cabin which he left just now.

We all rushed in the Cabin to see Manik's dad sitting there still in his position but one thing that caught my eyes was the tears which were slowly making its way down his cheeks. Now I was more worried.

His dad doesn't seem to be a person who would ever cry over something. He looks very intimidating, hot-headed. He doesn't seem like a weak person. But after all everyone is still a human being. And human beings have emotions. Even if they choose not to show them often but it's always there in them.

Without thinking anything else I rushed towards him. He didn't notice me standing near him until I held his hand which was tightly clutching his head. When his eyes met mine, another set of tears rolled down his cheeks.

"What did he say?” I asked looking at his face. His eyes held so much pain, so much grief.

“he is..he is in coma and if he doesn’t reponse in 3 days..he..he” he said stammering at the end. A gasp left my mouth. How is it possible? Manik just can’t leave me. He has to be okay. He promised me.

“no..nothing will happen to him. He will come back. He promised he would never leave me. He has to come back.” I said staring ahead of me.

Manik promised our love is till eternity. Its for forever. He can’t leave just like that. He has to be with me till I want him to. He has to be fine.
Feeling a hand on my shoulders, I looked into cabir’s eyes. He gestured towards uncle who was now crying keeping his head buried with his hands on the table.

Wiping my tears off my face, I took a deep breathe and calmed down myself. I’m not weak. And I let anyone be weak. I know Manik, and he won’t want me to this weak. He knows I’m not. I know i‘m not. So why I’m thinking all the possible negative outcomes of this situation? Nothing is going to happen. Nothing. Manik is going to be okay. He is going to be here, with me for forever.

“Uncle” I called him up. He wiped his tears and looked up on me.

“You can’t lose hope. You know he is strong. He is been through so much but he was still able to come out it all together and stood for himself and made a life out there among so many people out there. If he didn’t back down then, we won’t now. We have to support him.
I don’t know what happened between you two, and why he hates you so much but by seeing you here like this, worrying for him I’m sure he misunderstood you. As his father you must be knowing that your son is tough nut to crack.” I tried to give him a small smile which he returned weakly.

“Thank you so much for being there with him. He is so lucky to get you. God bless you.” He gently touched my hair.
“can i..can I see him?” he asked looking down. His voice came out almost close to begging.

Seeing him like this, hurts. He doesn’t deserve this. No father deserves this. And I’m nobody stop him. After all he is his father. “you don’t have to ask me. He is all yours.”

“thank you” he said smiling heart fully and went out of the room.

Mukti came to me and took me in a side hug. “are you okay?” I nodded.

“yes Mukti I’m okay and no more tears. Nothing is going to happen. I know he is strong enough and he will come out of there unharmed.” I said with determination.

“that’s like our Nandini” Alya said from other side.

“hmm..so who’s going to be here? They won’t allow all of us to stay the night.” Aryamann asked looking at each one of us. “I’m staying” I said immediately.

“okay then you be here with uncle, we all go. And someone of us will get your clothes and dinner for you. Then one will stay with you for the night in case they might need some help.” I nodded.

After they all went away, I walk back to Manik’s room. I was about to walk in when a sight caught my attention. Manik’s dad was sitting very close to Manik’s bed.

Uncle held his both hands with so much care like he was holding a proclaim doll maybe afraid that Manik will wake up any moment then he have to go far away from him to avoid any argument with his son.

“I’m so sorry my little boy..i ..i had to do that..you hate me..you hate your daddy..but you my son I love you dearly..i couldn’t tell you then..i couldn’t..i didn’t want to lose you..please forgive me..please..” I heard him say in a cracked voice. Tears were carelessly making their ways down his cheeks. He then gently kissed his both hands and laid his head near Manik’s sleeping body.

Manik was definitely missing out something very huge over here. Either he knows and angry on it or he was kept in dark all this while. And what if it was later part? How would Manik take that information? He would not like it at all. He hates to be kept in dark.

I want to know the misunderstanding between them so that after setting it, Manik could have his father’s love. There is no doubt that uncle doesn’t love him. He loves his child so dearly. They both deserve the happiness. No parent should be ungrateful enough to deserve his children’s hatred and no child should be abandoned of their parent’s love. It’s one of the most purest relationship in the world. No other relationships are comparable to it.

Manik is grateful enough to still have his one parent who loves him unconditionally unlike his mother.
But its not my place to ask his dad anything. It feels as if I’m intruding in their personal matters. The thing we can do is encourage them both to talk it out face to face. But Manik?! He is too stubborn to get up. He is missing out on so much. He has to okay. He has to come back. He has to talk to his dad, solve out everything between them. He deserves his father’s love. His father deserves a chance to explain it all out. They both are deprived of each other. They have to be one. Their happiness lies with each other.

***