Chptr 60 : Lifeless

Guys I haven't seen THIS STORY HAS REACHED scratch that CROSSED 300K+ VIEWS & 21K+ votes. I never thought this day would ever come because of my crappie writing and constant absence for updates. But still it truly means a lot. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH GUYS..Love you all..keep reading !!!

***

Nandini

Reaching the hospital he was immediately rushed into VIP operation theatre. I want to go in with him. I just want to be with him at that moment, but "Ma'am please try and understand you cannot go in" some were tightly holding me back while doctors already took him in. Our friends then came running and girls immediately took me in group hug. I don't know what will I without them or him.

After sitting for two hours, I saw a man in his 50s, not even so young or too old rushing in our direction. He was wearing a suit that's means he have rushed out from a business meeting or something. When he neared towards us, "where is my son? Hows he?" he asked frantically looking at Cabir, Mukti, Alya and Dhruv. That's when I got to know he is Manik's dad.

He was genuinely worried about his son. I don't know why Manik think so negatively of him. Or there is something up?! I don't have any idea.

Immediately Cabir rushed to him to calm him down. "Uncle he is inside..doctor haven't said till now so we have to wait" Cabir said while making him sit on the chairs. "He will be okay..right?" His dad asked in his croaked voice. There I saw tears forming in his eyes. Mukti, Alya, Dhruv too joined Cabir in helping out him.

His father genuinely very worried about him. I-

The doctor came outside on which me and his dad rushed towards him. "Doctor hows he?" I asked dreading the answer. His dad glanced at me once but shifted his eyes back to the doctor. "Whats the matter..he will be fine right?!" His dad asked in hurry.

The doctor remained silent which did nothing but increased the already forming dread come true slowly slowly. "Doctor what happened to him..will you speak" his dad pulled doctor by his collar. We gasped. The rage in his eyes were the proof that how much he cares about his son, how he can do anything to get his son back, there is no doubt that anything Manik told me was right anymore. His dad was not what he thinks.

Cabir tried to pull him back but he was too determined to choke the doctor to death. After struggling for few minutes doctor somehow opened his mouth.

"Mr Malhotra please listen to me.." the doctor stammered between panting trying to catch his breath. Finally Cabir and Dhruv was able to pull him back. "Speak.." his dad yelled at him.

"The patient is in his serious condition. The drug amount which is injected in his body is way to much. He was overdosed to that extent that it has reached his brain. So right now we can't say anything. We are trying to take out the drug out of his system but I'm not sure if he will be able to make it." The doctor completed. The thing which I was scaring me the most came true.

This can't be true. He will be able to make it, right?! What will I even do without him. I won't be able to live. I won't be. Now I don't want to loose another person I love by my heart. First my parents now Manik. I don't understand why it has to happen with good people only. Why me? Why everybody I love is snatched away from me? What I have I done to deserve this? What they have done to deserve this?

God can't take away Manik from me. Manik has to be okay. He has to come to me. He promised he won't leave me. He won't. He can't. I will die if he..I couldn't control myself. I let myself slide down on the floor as feet felt too heavy to even balance my weight on it. My heart felt heavy. The air was suffocating me now, as i was taking breathe without him. It felt as if the walls were closing on me, crushing me in it. I let my tears flow from my eyes.

I felt someone holding me but couldn't make out who it was from my blurry vision and blocked mind and senses. Then I hear the faint voice of someone, could be his dad. "Save my child. Do whatever you want, just..just save my child" then another voice maybe of the doctor "we are trying our best Mr Malhotra" then there was footsteps fading away inside the operation theatre.

"Cabir keep updating me I will be back in some time" I think that was again his dad. "Uncle where are you going?" I couldn't make out whose voice was that. "I have to take care of some thing" his father said in determined voice. Then another footsteps fading away in distance probably his father.

"Nandini you okay?" I heard someone asking beside me. I'm not and I won't until I know he is alive and fine. Then I felt someone wiping of my tears which I made out was Navya with my slightly clear vision. "Sab thik ho jayega..Nandini" she whispered while taking me into a hug.

"Nandini let's get you something to eat..you haven't eaten anything since morning" Aryamann suggested on which I shook my head. I couldn't eat while Manik is fighting between death and life. My system wouldn't nor would my mind. "You all also haven't eaten. So you all go while I'm here" I said standing up. "No we won't" Mukti said stubbornly.

"Please.." I whispered hoping they would understand and leave me alone for sometime. I need to be alone. I need time to grasp everything. Few days back everything was so perfect we were about to complete our album. Manik and me were together happily. Why does this have to happen? To us? Why?

Why can't life be fare and peaceful for once. Why it have to hurt innocents. Why Manik? Why not me? He have already gone through so much. Why onky to him? Why?

Everyone sighed and slumped their shoulders in defeat but nevertheless understood and smiled back a little which didn't reached their eyes. Mukti walked upto me and side hugged. "We are going but do call any of us if you need" she said seriously looking into my eyes making sure I hear. I nodded. She half smiled before they all walked off. I know they wouldn't have if hospitals allowed so much people in or people to eat here.

I turned around facing the room in which he was there. My love, my soul was there who was lying there lifelessly. Taking slow and careful steps towards the door I stopped in front and move my eyes to look at him through the see-through glass of the door.

Oxygen mask was covering his nose. Several tubes were attached to his arms for taking out the drugs and giving him glucose. His face was pale and it had lost its shine which he used to have all the time. He had bags under his eyes. He was totally lifeless on the hospital bed. Doctors and nurses were rushing here and there, around him. I couldn't take it anymore. Seeing him this lifeless scared me, scares my heard if I ever get him back. If he would be fine or..tears rolled down my eyes making my eyes blurry all over again. I shut my eyes and let my head rest on the door crying silently for him. For his life. For him to come back to me and hold me close in his embrace.

***

I know how much late I'm. I don't even deserve apologies now I know. Because all I do is apologise to all people and never update. I accept it all. You are free to blame me. I will take all of it because I know it's my fault.

I realise just a 'sorry' doesn't solve the the problems rather becomes a judge weight in your shoulders. I feel it.. and I don't know what more to say because my situations are not changing nor studies. I can't neglect any one of them. And I'm me as usual...

~Midz