Rogue's Ending: The End and Beginning

Previously~

"I also know that one day, both of our guilds will become the closest of allies." She said, her eyes glinting with happiness while I also looked towards my own guild.

"In the future. Soon, but not now." I agreed, silence then falling upon us as we stand beside each other with a content feeling lingering around us.

"This certainly is a Happy Ending for all of us."

Now~

Lucy's POV

"Hey! Give it back, Lector!" Miri called, her wings flapping as she chased Lector around the guild.

"You gotta catch me to get it!" The maroon furred exceed laughed, his own wings flapping as he flew in front of Miri, his hands holding a golden tiara as the gems on it shimmered in the lighting.

Sighing from their childishness,  I watch as the two of them chase each other around the guild hall, myself seated by the bar with a drink in hand.

"Whaddya mean it's my fault?!" The loud yelling of Sting reached my ears, making me turn my head to see him and Rogue clashing heads, glaring at one another.

"You ate the white flower that Frosch picked! Now he's sad!" Rogue growled, pointing at Frosch who was sitting by a table, his head downcast as he had a frown on his face.

Deadpanning at the petty argument they were having, I get up from where I was and headed to the table Frosch was, sitting down on the chair in front of him as he looked up, meeting my eyes.

"What's the matter Frosch?" I asked, seeing the green exceed, walk closer to me, myself opening my arms so he could rest in my arms.

"Fro is sad. Fro picked a pretty white flower for Rogue but Sting-kun ate it. Now Rogue and Sting are angry." He said, eyes starting to shimmer with tears as I wiped them off his face, gently stroking his head as I smiled lightly at him.

"Don't worry Frosch. The two of them are just idiots, they'll never stay angry too long." I reassured him, earning a meek nod as he agreed.

"Well, what do you say you come and pick some new flowers with me? We can get the most beautiful ones in all of Fiore." I asked, seeing the sparkle in his eyes when he heard me, lifting his head up as he nodded excitedly.

"Fro would love to pick flowers with Lucy!" He cheered, a smile replacing his once sad frown making me smile, standing up as we head to the door.

"Let's go and call Miri and Lector to join, okay?" I asked, hollering for the said two exceeds to stop playing as they come over, agreeing to come along one I had asked them.

Walking out of the guild doors, the lot of us start to head towards the outskirts of the city.

"Where are we going to pick flowers, Lucy? Most of them aren't in season yet." Miri said, walking along beside me as Lector follows next to her, Frosch skipping in front of me.

"Most of the meadows aren't in season. But I know just the one that blooms all year long." I chirped, a smile on my face as I lead them all towards the forest, making them confused.

Without questioning me, all of us head into the forest, going deeper and deeper until September stopped in front of a curtain of leaves and vines.

"Eh? Why're we in the forest when the meadows are outside of the forest?" Lector asked, confused about why we stopped here when I simply chuckled.

"Because the place I'm about to take you is sacred." I answered, pushing open the curtain of leaves and vines, revealing a tunnel that leads to a bright light at the end.