Patch Me Up

Chapter 17
--------------------

"You do realize that this unlabeled relationship you've put up is nothing more than a fling right?" Shinra scribbled away on his notebook. I sighed and sunk into my seat. He's right. We're literally just flinging. he's got a boyfriend and on top of that he's a teacher...what the hell am I doing? I don't have godamn chance against his boyfriend.

Shinra shot a sympathetic smile at me, "he's older than you and on top of that he's an adult, you're just a teenager." I nodded at the young doctor's logical statement.

After class had ended, I walked through the noisy halls that were full of dumbass students setting my destination to be the library. I need to silence and time to think. This somehow feels like a life decision..

upon entering the library doors, I smiled at myself. No one was there, except for the librarian. I gave her a fake smile and took out a random book from one of the shelves, to show her that I was here to read. I sat down at the end of the large room and rested my head onto the table, closing my eyes.

Okay, I have to choices. Either I confront him about breaking up with his boyfriend and going out with me (chances 25%) or I break it off with him and go about my buissness (chances 75%)....

I banged my head against the table. Of course I'd choose the first option but the chances were too less for it to survive this cruel reality! My life is ovvveeerrrrr...

"shizuo?" I recognized that voice immediately. It was sir Izaya's. a sudden warmth filled my heart when I looked up at him staring down at me with a smile.

"Didn't expect to see you here, hamlet." He sat down beside me and threw his paperwork onto the table. "Hamlet?" I flinched. He sighed and pointed at the book in front of me. The book that was just an excuse. "Right righ-" "but of course I'd never expect you to use your brain for something useful, especially reading." He clicked his pen and started to write away on his sheets.

This is the perfect chance. If I wanna take a step then I have to take it now. "Ehm." I cleared my throats in order to capture his attention. "Hm?" He questioned not sparing a glance at me, "so...I wanted to ask, what are we?" I spoke silently.

He stopped writing and directed his gaze towards me. I had his full attention and it was making me crumble from the inside out of nervousness. "Were close." He smirked.

Tsk. That somehow irritated me. "I ment, are we boyfriends, lovers, dating...flinging?" I whispered the last part feeling slightly depressed. He raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Well, depends on what you think we are." He pushed up his glasses.

I looked down. "I don't know what we are...you have a boyfriend and on top of that you're three years older than me...even after all we've been through..what chance do I have?" He frowned and held his hand up to my cheek, caressing it. "Shizuo I like you..I really do but, I can't do anything about my boyfriend." I clutched the hand that caressed my cheek tightly.

Why doesn't he just break up with him? Is that asshole more important than me? "Just break up with him. All I've seen him do is hurt you, ruin your day, make you cry and even go as far as to hit you!" I spoke a little loudly earning a 'shh' from the librarian. "I can't do that, I have my reasons." He spoke a bit sternly.

I stood up abruptly and flipped the table, his papers scattered here and there onto the carpeted flooring. He started at me wide eyed, my anger had got the best of me.

"Fine. Stay with that sadist excuse of a boyfriend, all of this was my fucking fault anyway." I started to walk towards the exit. "Shizuo wai-" "no! I fucking started this and I'm ending it. I'm breaking it off." I walked past the librarian and out the doors. I didn't spare a last glance at him, didn't wanna see his face.

------------------------