Patch Me Up

Chapter 11
-------------------------------

Me and shinra are out lunch in silence. It wasn't actually lunch break, we were kinda bunking the last class. Geography, how boring. "5 minutes till the last bell!" Shinra beamed while closing his lunch box. I was about to get up and race him until someone ran past us in a hurry. It was Izaya-sensei.

He seemed...frightened. Without thinking twice, I ran behind him. I could hear shinra call me from the back but I didn't have enough time to respond. The raven ran into a nearby forest and soon stopped in front of the same man that was harassing him in the clinic.

I quickly hid behind a bush, not wanting to be seen....ugh...I feel like a stalker! "Where the fuck were you!?" The taller male yelled at the raven. "Gomenasai! I had a student to take care of..." Izaya sounded so apologetic. "What type of a lame excuse is that!? When I call you, you should think about no one else but me! I won't tolerate this type of excuse!" He rose his hand to slap the informant.

I think it's about time I stepped into this conversation. I quickly got up from the bushes and grabbed his hand before he could do anything else. "Don't you 'dare' even think about laying a hand on Izaya-kun. Or Else." I yelled and threw him into a nearby tree. He clutched his head in pain and gritted his teeth.

I quickly grabbed Izaya's arm and pulled him along with me, hiding behind a nearby tree. "What are you-" "shh! Here he comes...!" I gently clamped a hand over his mouth and waited for that son of a bitch to fuck off. When I was sure he was gone, I released the raven. "Phew! That was a close one, huh?" I grinned then soon felt a sharp pain on my left cheek.

"What were you THINKING!?" He slapped me.."he was about to hit you!" I shouted back. "Whatever he was about to do, you had no right to come in between! And what are you even doing here? We're you following me!?" He shouted. "Listen Izaya." I sighed. "I don't know what connection you have with that guy, but I can't stand the way he treats you!" I pulled him into an embrace.

He didn't respond for a while, I assumed he calmed down, until the sound of silent sniffles caught my attention. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and let out small sobs. "Why do you care? Why are you doing this...!?" Don't lie to me!" He cried silently. "Listen to me."

I pulled away and held his chin. "I like you. I care about you. So stop doubting me at every chance you get...! I'm not gonna leave you alone no matter what you do...!"

-------------------------