Chapter 14 - Prince Charming Lost his Tongue?

Start from the beginning

For a brief moment silence filled the kitchen afterwards as four sets of eyes were glued on me.

Just then, Ashton's face popped up once again, somehow bolstering my confidence, a much needed support even in his absence. He definitely wasn't just a figment of my imagination, I must say!

I can't help the small smile which was slowly forming in my face. All my worries and doubts just dissipated into thin air.

I nodded my head and looked up to see how this affects the people who mattered so much to me.

Wild shouts and hurrays suddenly broke loose in the four corners of the kitchen. My best friends were jumping up and down and laughing their hearts out.

"Andrei, best friend! How dare you . . . !"

"How could you keep this from us!"

"But we dropped you here before midnight, right?" Angela dubiously asked.

"Uh huh."

Hyacinth, who was opening the fridge for a bottle of water immediately took to her stool.

That very moment, everything just burst forth out of my mouth like it was the great Niagara Falls! I just needed to tell them . . . or I'd go nuts!!!!!

I  told them everything, from the first time my eyes landed on his.

Oh, but not everything, of course!!! I just had to keep the few intimate details from them. These were my memories I need to keep to myself, these will forever be etched in the innermost niche of my heart . . . to be cherished! Those were our moments . . . together!!! And, these will always remain a thing between Ashton and me!

"And he was here . . . all the while?" Hyacinth was again asking the same question.

"C'mon, Hyney! Give our best friend a break." Angela reprimanded her.

"Ohhh, Andreiii . . . ! I'm sooooo. . . soooo happy for you. At last, you've found your prince charming." Sabbi was screaming at me that I had to cover my two ears. She almost toppled me from stool as she jumped and gave me a tight hug.

"Yeah . . . kind of . . . " I replied.

"Andrei, I think it's your phone." Davey draw my attention to my flashing cellphone on top of the island table!

My heart flipped, then did some somersaults! Oh, God! Must this thing always feel like . . . this? I just felt all so vulnerable I couldn't help complaining . . . yet, I must admit . . . I just felt so elated!

My heart just knows Ashton! Oh, God! How can I keep up with all of these . . . I thought to myself helplessly.

My eyes immediately read the caller ID.

The thrill of receiving Ashton's call just inundated my heart I wanted to jump up and down like a little kid enjoying the best surprise ever.

"It's Ashton!" I mouthed his name at my best friends and Sabbi. I couldn't help the warmth spreading in my face with so much happiness. I felt my smile slipping from my lips to both of my ears.

A loud guffaw and some giggling errupted inside the kitchen.

I signalled to them with my forefinger on my lips to be quiet. My best friends and my sister knew when to intrude. They may call me a recluse, of sorts maybe. But I can't be false to myself. And yeah, they respected me for being this way. I can't be otherwise.

They trooped out towards the living room, perhaps to give me privacy.

"Miss me . . . ?"

"Umm . . .uh . . . " Ashton beat me to it even before I uttered a single word. I felt my whole face heating up as goosebumps shoot up from behind my ears, to my nape down to my arms and my back. I couldn't help feeling dazed with my body's over reactions. Just then, I felt a stool on my right side and hurriedly slid into it. I was afraid my knees would no longer support me as it turned into jelly.

Oh, my God . . . OMG . . . O . M . G ! I thought!

His husky, sexy voice left me all breathless and . . . speechless . . . my breath got stuck inside my throat!

"Ohh, Princess lost her tongue?"

"N . . .no . . . just missing you . . . I guess. " I wanted to answer trying not to seem so affected but only whispered words came through my lips.

"Oh!" And for a moment or two there I thought I lost him.

"My prince charming lost his tongue, hmm?" I said stifling a giggle.

Just then I heard him bellowed out a hearty laugh.

"Yeah! Yeah! You got me there, alright, Princess!"

===============================================

Hello guys! Hi there. Here's another update. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Please vote . . . by clicking the star 🌟at the bottom of your screen, and make comments or give some suggestions if you have any . . . please . . . please, if it isn't too much. Just be sincere, though.

As I've written earlier, this is my first book. I am acutely aware of my own shortcomings and lapses. I only hope you'll bear with me.

And thank you so much for going this far in the love story of Ashton and Andrei.

I love you and God bless you all.

Till next chapter . . . PLEASE?

Ciao!