Chapter 12

AN - Oooh an update! Sorry it's been so long. Anyway, I'm having major writer's block due to a lot of things in life but meh. I'll push through this. This is just a short update though as I get my bearings ready. Thanks again for reading!

Pic of Miki on the side. (psst my friend is single ;) hehe)

Matthew/Kirk’s POV

“Yes.” Tobias replied seriously. I stared waiting for him to continue. He stared back at me.

Minutes passed and the staring match continued. Finally I burst. “What?!”

Tobias face broke into a grin. “Oh sorry, that was your third and last question. Well, it’s already dawn. Up you go.”

I only spluttered with rage at him. He was so damn annoying. “Answer me!” I roared in my most authoritative voice. The werebear just smirked back.

“In case you’re forgetting boy, I’m a werebear. Not one of your pack.”

Rolling my eyes at him, I gripped the letter he gave me in between my lips and started to shift.

“Oh don’t forget to give that to your dad!” Tobias shouted at me as I broke into a run heading for the nearest nook.

Nooks are very important to us werewolves. They are small water proof storages filled extra clothing and other important items scattered across towns and cities. What do you expect? Werewolves need to be naked to shift and we can’t exactly carry a backpack while in wolf form. Nooks can be found in hidden spaces such as an old mailbox here or hole in a tree there. There are communal nooks that the pack uses but I headed for my personal nook marked with my scent.

After getting dressed, I grabbed the money I stashed in my personal nook and pocketed them with the letter Tobias gave me. I contemplated hiring a cab as I neared the hi-way but decided against it. I needed time to think before I faced my dad.

The urge to open the letter was great but I decided against it. The whole thing might be in a code anyway.  Damn that werebear. He’s good, almost as good as Dy’s mom. I snorted remembering how Annaliza dodged all my questions. It was easy to know she was almost lying by saying half-truths. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Why would she keep Dy away from me? I would have thought that she’d support her son.

It won’t matter anyway. Once I become the Alpha of my pack, I’ll find a way to mate with Dy. The inner pack be damned for all I care.

Part of my preparations was to name Adrian my Beta. I saw the hurt in Dy’s face as I told Beta Lucas of my decision. I had to do it. Besides it made sense, Dy will become my Luna instead. I blushed at the thought as brown eyes and an easy grin came into my mind. My wolf stirred and started whining inside me, I really need to hold Dy in my arms right now.

Dy/Damien’s POV

I was getting irritated. I mean can’t these two get the fact that they are in a hospital? Miki had a bandage on the left side of her forehead but judging from the contented look on her face she was far from in pain. More likely in lust, I snorted in my head. Right now she was busy roaming her hands all over Marco’s body. Marco had his eyes closed as his belly got rubbed like a puppy. I could almost see his tail wagging. Gross!

“And the Prince is here!” The door of the hospital room banged open causing Marco to help and fall off the bed. In came Ray, my other bestfriend. His white blond hair and almost red eyes made him look like a bunny. Ray is an albino. He’s also the darkest person I know. Well, his bubbly demeanor is very misleading. He got kicked out of the goths/emo clique for having very dark thoughts.

“Gasp!” Ray gave a dramatic sigh and crossed his spindly arms over his frail chest. “Whoever did this to you Miki, I’ll cut up his penis and balls turn it into soup and serve it to you.”

Marco’s eyes widened and he whined as he cupped his groin protectively. Miki just gasped back and laid a protective hand on Marco’s shoulder “Hey!”

Ray was oblivious of the exchange between the two new lovebirds. “Oh right, you like it raw you nasty girl.” He giggled knowingly much to Miki’s horror. What’d I tell ya? Ray’s ‘dark’ and he’s pretty much the blackmailer among the three of us.

“Quit it Ray,” I smirked as I saw Marco’s terrified expression and it lifted my mood. “You’re scaring Miki’s boyfriend.”

The white head swiveled to a crouching Marco. “Miki are having some sort of Stockholm syndrome falling in love with your abuser and shit?” Colorful mouth, Ray has.

I gave a warning look at Miki. We’re friends with Ray but Ray was 100% human, though I sometimes think he’s not. However no matter how dark he is, he’ll never understand the mate bond of weres.

“It was an accident Ray, Marco didn’t mean for it to happen like that.” Ray just looked at me and nodded sagely.

Ray casually replied. “I’m kidding Miki, of course I understand. Stockholm syndrome is great. There’s nothing like falling in love after falling down the stairs pushed by your lover or bruises on the booty from hard slaps, bloody hickies and all.” By now, Marco climbed on Miki’s bed and cowered by her side. It was hilarious and I would have laughed if I wasn’t also horrified at Ray’s nonchalant description of a sado-masochistic relationship.

It was really hard to tell if Ray was joking or not sometimes. Ray then bounced to me leaving a relieved Marco and Miki back to their heavy petting. “So what’s up Damien?” Ray asked me.

“Nothing serious. Just some heart problems Ray.”

“Want me to take it out and have a look at what the problem is?” Ray asked me seriously.

“No,” I laughed hard. I still can’t get used to his brand of humor. “I think I’ll manage. Thanks for the offer though.” Thoughts of Kirk and the real problem separating us sobered me up. Mate or not, I was irrevocably in love with him.

-------

AN - Aaaand cut! I suck at introducing Ray, but he'll play some sort of role in the future so I have to.