Chapter 7

Just got back from my night run (I run early morning and night, yeah I’m addicted) and I’ve decided to release the next chapter. I’m just starting in small divided doses.

Hopefully I’ll be able to shift POVs to make my chapters longer. However, I’m still not comfortable with overlapping POVs though.

Anyway, I hope you’ll enjoy more of Miki. I am having fun writing her part. Just to remind people though, Miki is gay that identifies herself as a woman.

Miki’s POV

The wolves started dropping like flies on crack. Not that I’ve seen flies do cocaine.

“Miki!” Damien screamed at me. “Grab Marco and let’s go!”

I looked at Marco who was also whimpering like the wolves. The doofus wasn’t able to cover his ears on time. Damien on the other hand, managed to cover Kirk’s ears. It left Damien’s own ears unprotected but I’ve taught him a long time ago how to shrug off my screams. I have been training him on a daily basis. Well, not exactly train, I just shout a lot at him and he got used to it. Teehee!

Sighing loudly, I skipped over to Marco and started pulling him up. “Come on you oaf and stand up before those wolves recover.”

I looked over at Damien and saw him trying to grab Kirk’s clothes from the claws and fangs of downed wolves. He tried to grab Kirk’s jockstrap only to have the wolf snap at his fingers. Finally he gave up after he barely won a tug of war with Kirk’s jeans. Kirk just looked up at Damien with an amused expression. He was still wobbly on his ass as Damien’s hands didn’t manage to block out all of the effects of my scream.

Moments later some of the wolves unconsciously shifted into their human forms. Ooooh!  It was a buffet of writhing, sweating man meat. One of them looked like he should be a Werehorse, if there was such a thing.

“Miki! Focus!” Damien hissed at me angrily. I rolled my eyes at him. Marco was a heavy pig and Damien expects me to carry him? Hehe, werepig.

Damien was already scooping up Kirk in his arms bridal style which looked funny and absurd. A 170 pound five foot something carrying a 250 pound six foot jock. Damien’s really strong if he wants to, he just doesn’t want everyone to notice.

After several minutes of shuffling and a few mild sonic screams to down wolves in pursuit, we managed to pile into Damien’s car. I dumped Marco on the front seat as he groaned. Damien and Kirk were on the back seat. This gave me time to look at Kirk more closely now that there weren’t fangs and claws to distract me. He was really built like a Greek god, all hard sculpted curves, smooth creamy white skin. Hey, a gal can admire beauty okay?

Damien was struggling to position Kirk properly and their struggles woke up Kirk junior. I blushed as Damien caught me staring.

“Drive!” Damien growled as he took off his jean jacket and covered Kirk’s groin. Possessive!

I huffed into the driver’s seat and revved the car up. Suddenly, a loud howl echoed in the air.

Damien shivered and had a vacant, concentrated look on his face. “I can feel… crap! There are like thirty something wolves approaching us. Drive Miki!”

He didn’t need to tell me twice. I slammed my foot on the accelerator which pitched Marco into his seat. Just in time as five wolves pounced on where the car was and were now in hot pursuit on our trail.

“Pull into a freeway!” Damien swiveled his head around. “We need to enter a territory to throw them off!”

I scrunched my forehead in thought as I absently maneuvered through traffic. Good thing it was evening, rush hour was over and there were barely any cars on the road. Only huge wolves with glowing yellow eyes and angry snarls.

“Damien…” I look at Damien through the rear view and I saw him biting his lower lip in pensive thought. “The nearest territory is… the Silver Moon pack.”

Damien sighed. “Step on it.”

I gladly did.

-----

Thirty minutes later we were pulling into the highway right at the edge of the Silver Moon pack territory. Damien already sensed the wolves stopping just at the border.

“So…” I said as I eased into a manageable speed of 80 mph. Kirk lounged at the back seat holding on to Damien as if Damien was a teddy bear. “You were planning on fighting those wolves using MMA?”

Kirk furrowed his brows. “MMA? I was just trying to- ahh and well-“

I cut him off with a laugh. “MMA as in Magic Mike arts?”

Damien let out a low growl. Kirk gave a sheepish smile as his arms tightened around Damien. He looked happy to see Damien get possessive and jealous around him. They looked so cute together! I silently made a vow to make sure they stay together.

Kirk was looking at Damien, wiggling his eyebrows as if asking for permission.

“Miki knows…” Damien confessed guiltily as Kirk raised eyebrows. Yeah, I know they are werewolves.

Kirk shrugged. “You were in danger Damien and I had to shift into my wolf to fight those rogues. Looks like I didn’t have to thanks to Miki here.”

Yea, Kirk was stripping to change into his wolf form. I have seen how huge Kirk’s wolf worm is and he’d be ripping apart his already large clothing if he didn’t take them off. Now his jockstrap on the other hand… I giggled at the thought of a werewolf wearing a jockstrap.

Marco suddenly butted in my musings. “You broke your promise!” He growled at Damien. I had to resist the urge to smack him in the face. Kirk glared at Marco.

Damien just rolled his eyes. “My promise was to keep the pack secret from humans. I would have thought that Miki’s performance back there would give you a clue.”

“Miki is a banshee isn’t she?” Kirk smiled tenderly at Damien as his large hands absently drew circles on Damien’s shoulders. Eeeeh, the fan girl in me was screaming.

“Half guilty!” Okay that went out as a scream. Marco groaned again, clapping his hands to his ears. Kirk on the other hand just grinned at me. Wow, he already knows how to shrug off my screams. Well it wasn’t a real banshee scream but still, Kirk was good.

“Marco my boy, I’m half banshee. So technically, Damien didn’t break any rules as I’m not fully human.”

Marco growled at me. “I’m not your boy!“ Okay, he was staring at me now with a look that I will only dub as ‘Marco Look version 2.0’. Damien frowned at Marco then his eyes widened.

Marco kept rambling “I’m… I’m…”

“What?” I gave him an exasperated sigh.

“I’m your mate!” With that, Marco lunged towards me trying to bite my neck.

My hands slipped from the steering wheel spinning the car as I slammed my foot on the brakes to lower our speed. Kirk was yelling at Marco to stop as Damien struggled to keep him from biting neck.

A sharp pain blasted the back of my head as blue and red lights danced in my eyes before blackness took over.

----------------

A.N. That's it for now. I'm calling it a night. Maybe I'll be posting another chapter tomorrow. If things go well, I might be able to post my short story this week too.

Shoutout to one of my avid readers @Asioncon 

~ Bentobear