Teaser - Seven Blind Dates (ManXMan)

AN - Hi guys! Sorry this isn't an update. I've decided to write this book after being plagued with this plot inside my head for days. It was begging for me to write this. This is a teaser of a new book I'm working on called Seven Blind Dates.

Do vote/comment if you think if you want me to continue writing this. 

Picture on right Johneepixels7 (from youtube) as John Layson (Johnee is still in his twenties). He fits my image of John Layson as nerdy and snarky yet lovable and huggable. And yeah, I patterned the name of my character after Johnee's real name. (sue me, I still have a crush on Johnee)

Also please read 'Broke in Seattle' by Lost_in_London - link at the sidebar. I really loved his story. 

Seven Blind Dates

Description: John Layson doesn't mind being lonely. He prefers offdays spent reading and relaxing in his apartment. However his BFF decided to try out a brand new dating app and pushed John's life into a spiral with seven blind dates.

Prologue

“Joooooohn!” A whine in my living room made me roll my eyes. My fag hag decided to crash my otherwise comfy Friday afternoon of reading wattpad books and cups of hot chocolate and apple pie. Seriously, doesn’t Jessica Hartley have anything better to do than bug me on my rare off day on a Friday?

“Yes Jess?” I huffed at her from my couch near the bay window in my apartment. This was my favorite spot because it overlooked the park. Sometimes I just stare outside and contemplate life, book I read or movie I watched.

“You need to get laid, ASAP!” Her succinct words made me splutter into my cup of chocolate.

I lifted my head from reading 'Broke in Seattle' glared at her. “What makes you think I need to get laid?”

Jessica hung her head at the backrest of the sofa, blonde hair trailing behind. Her parents must have the gift of clairvoyance to name her Jessica because she kinda looked a bit like Jessica Simpson. Tanned, blonde and all. Except that she had a 3.9 GPA and black belt in karate.

“It’s Friday and you’re wasting this rare opportunity languishing in your apartment READING,” she dramatically shuddered at the word. “God knows what on your tablet.” She really tries to be a ditz but she doesn’t fool me. I’ve seen her literally moan while reading Frank Herbert’s ‘Heretics of Dune’.

She does have a point though. I’m already 31 years old and I haven’t had a serious relationship after breaking up with my first ever boyfriend at the age of 26. We were together for three years and the breakup wasn’t that bad. Actually the relationship petered out after two years and our last year was more like two strangers living under the same roof. We ended it with minimal waterworks when he took a job a hundred miles away.

“This is a perfect way of spending a Friday, in the comfort of my own apartment with my bestest friend.” I sassed at her. This earned me several minutes of grateful silence.

From the corner of my eye, long legs kicked upwards followed by a short shout of eureka. Curiously, I looked at my suddenly crazy friend as she stared back at me with baby blue eyes full of mischief.

“What?” I shot at her. It didn’t help my sanity as I saw her got up and slowly stalk me like a cat looking at a bowl of full cream milk.

Jessica jumped into my lap which deflated my lungs. For a girl with a slight frame, she weighs a ton! “Fire up the wifi and gimme that tablet,” She held out her hand imperiously at me. “We are going to search for your soulmate!” She concluded happily which made me groan. Not again!