Chapter 19: The Devil is an Angel Too. [EDITED]

Jean stops kissing down Nick's chest and looks up at his face. "Christo," she says and waits to see if he flinches at the name of God.

Lucifer raises an eyebrow, "Can we leave my father out of our intimate moments, kitten?"

Suddenly, six huge hot pink and sparkly wings appear behind him and Jean gasps at how absolutely beautiful they are. "Lucifer?" She asks, her voice barely more than a whisper.

"The one and only. Well, at least in this universe."

Jean's shock is quickly replaced by anger, "How long have you been inside of Nick?"

"About 10 minutes before you arrived."

"What!" She shouts before pushing away from him and getting off of the bed. "Get out of him! Right now!" She angrily demands.

Lucifer stands up from the bed, "You're upset."

"Damn right, I'm upset! And I have every right to be! You're wearing my boyfriend as an angel condom, you fucking bastard!" She punches him in the jaw and, luckily for her, Lucifer turns his head with the blow or else her hand would be broken. She hisses in pain and clutches her right hand with her left. "Son of a bitch! What did you do? Replace Nick's bones with cement?"

Lucifer turns his head back towards Jean and when he opens his eyes the irises are now a blazing red. "Don't ever do that again," he commands, exerting a strange sense of overwhelming power. Jean swallows in fear and nods her head, unable to speak. Lucifer's face softens and his eyes return to a beautiful bright blue. "Don't be afraid, my dear." He takes her injured hand in his and places a kiss to the back of her hand, healing it. "You don't ever have to be afraid of me, Jean."

A shiver of pleasure goes through her body when Lucifer says her name, but she shrugs it off and pulls her hand out of his grasp. She turns her back to him and starts to gather some of her belongings, shoving them into duffel bags. She walks over to the closet, opens the door, and begins to take clothes off of their hangers, tossing them onto the bed. Lucifer watches Jean curiously and when she moves away from the closet, he walks over to it. He reaches into the closet and grabs one of Nick's t-shirts. Jean is shoving the clothes she took out of the closet into a duffel bag when she suddenly stops and asks, "Is this my fault?"

Lucifer frowns as he examines the shirt, "Is what your fault?"

She turns around to face him, "If I had stayed away from Nick, would you have been able to use him as a vessel?"

Lucifer looks up at Jean and when he sees the tears running down her face, he wraps one of his wings around her in an attempt to comfort her. "Yes. Even if you had never met Nick, this still would have happened." He walks closer to her, puts down the shirt, cups her face in his hands, and wipes away her tears with his thumbs. "I would have still appeared to Nick and he would have still given his consent." He brushes his feathers against her exposed skin, "As a matter of fact, I believe that you were drawn to Nick in the first place because he was a suitable temporary vessel for me."

Jean asks him, "Did you trick him into saying yes?"

Lucifer thinks hard about how to answer her question without actually lying. While he did torture Nick, it was mainly because he was jealous of Nick's close relationship with Jean. "I gave him a choice; he could start a new family with you or he could say yes to me and get revenge on God for what he let happen to his wife and child. He willingly chose the latter. Nick would have never loved you the way he loved Sarah."

Jean reaches up, removes Lucifer's hands from her face and moves away from him. She grabs a pair of pants from the bed before telling him, "Yeah, I know. I mean, the man still wore his wedding ring even after we lived together for nearly a year. So, I saw something eventually happening where I would have to leave." She pulls on the pair of pants, buttoning them, then zipping up the zipper. "Granted, I didn't see it being this...something more along the lines of Nick kicking me out."