Excitement

Boarding the plane to Las Vegas, you couldn't control the nervous tremor that traveled throughout your body, making your hands shake, and your leg tap.

"Everything okay?" Jensen asked, reaching over and taking your hand in his. "You're not having second thoughts, are you?"

"No, no second thoughts. Just a little nervous about the whole thing," you admitted.

Pulling you to him, he pressed a kiss to your temple. "Being nervous is a natural reaction. But just try to relax, and it will be fun. After all, who doesn't love heading to Vegas for a fun weekend with their friends? And getting hitched on top of it? I call that pretty amazing."

You glanced behind you to see Gen and Jared getting settled into their seats, both of them chattering away, bright smiles on their faces. You were excited that they were coming. That they would be a part of this special occasion. Gen had come to mean so much to you, becoming your best friend, especially since..., no you wouldn't think about her. It still hurt to think about it. And Jared was pretty much Jensen's other soul mate. Some fiancee's might be jealous, but you, you knew how special their relationship was, and you didn't mind. You were grateful that Jensen had such a special friend to rely on.

Settling into your seat as the plane took off, you turned your attention back to your weekend plans. "So, are you sure you want to get married like this? Without your parents there? Or other friends? It's a lot to ask."

"And I truly don't care. As long as I get married to you, we could get married in a barn."

"Hey, some people do get married in barns," you teased. "But I did some searching, and I came up with a couple of ideas."

"And they are?" He asked, his long legs sprawled the two of you comfortable in your own row.

"Well, there's the Lucky Little Wedding Chapel. I thought that name sounded cute. There's also a Little White Wedding Chapel, Graceland Wedding Chapel, Chapel of the Flowers, and the Little Neon Chapel."

"Definitely not the Little Neon Chapel," Jensen chuckled. "But I told you, you get to choose."

"Then I choose the Lucky Little Wedding Chapel. It just seems fitting."

"So Y/N, I was thinking tonight the boys could do their own thing, and you and I could dress shop," Gen suggested as she leaned over the chair.

"I wasn't thinking I needed a dress," you answered, thinking about the little dress you had already packed. "I brought one with me."

"Nonsense. You're getting married, and even if it's at some little Vegas Chapel, you need a new dress."

"Yeah Y/N. You should go shopping with Gen. You only get married once. At least I hope you'll only get married once."

"That's what I'm planning on," you agreed. "So sure Gen. I'll go shopping."

"Gen, I'm not sure about this," you muttered a couple of hours later. "This isn't really my type of shop. Maybe we could find something a little cheaper."

"Nonsense. It's your wedding dress, and sometimes you have to use one paycheck on a dress. Now, let's go see what we can find," Gen insisted, grabbing your arm and pulling you into the shop.

With its marble floors, and gold plated shelving, you felt immediately out of place. Wanting nothing more than to turn around and leaving this place behind, Gen pulled you to the center of the shop which held fancier furniture than you had ever seen before. Plush pink sofa's were placed in corner, magazines artfully displayed on the glass coffee table. "May I help you?" Asked an older woman dressed in a black suit.

"This wonderful woman is getting married tomorrow, and she needs a dress," Gen spoke up, which you were grateful for.

Looking you up and down, the woman pursed her lips together, and you wanted to turn and run. "I think I have just the thing," she spoke up, turning and leaving you and Gen sitting there. As you waited, another woman came by, offering you treats and champagne. Taking a glass to calm your nerves, you sipped at the bubbly liquid.

It was only a couple of minutes later the lady returned, a couple of white dresses in her arms. "I take it you wanted white," she spoke in short clipped sentences.

"Yes please," you answered, feeling timid and unsure.

"This way," she ordered, giving you no choice but to follow her to the dressing rooms. Placing the dresses on the hanger, she stepped to the side, and you stepped into the dressing room. With the curtain closed, you finally had the chance to peer at the dresses.

The first dress had a boat type neck, with a simple bodice, a sash tying it before the skirt flared. It was beautiful, and you tried it on, but you didn't feel like it was right. Stepping into the main room, you could see the saleswoman subtly shake her head. "It's pretty," Gen offered.

"It's not the one," you agreed.

Back in the fitting room, you turned to the second one. This one had lace sleeves, the fit snug, yet simple. It was pretty as well, but not exactly what you would pick. Your opinion was seconded when you showed Gen, and you once again stepped back inside.

Glancing at the third dress, you pulled it off the hanger. It had a sweetheart neckline, covered in lace over your shoulders. The skirt flared, resting slightly above your knees. It was a princess type dress, flirty and fun, and you knew this was it. This is what you wanted to wear when you married Jensen tomorrow.

"Gen, I think this one's it," you announced before stepping out.

The saleswoman nodded, as Gen beamed. "You're right. That's perfect!"

Feeling giddy, you changed back into your outfit, the saleswoman taking it to the front. Nervously, you opened your purse, realizing you had never even seen how much the dress had cost. "It's my treat," Gen exclaimed, handing over her credit card, surprising you.

"Gen, you don't have to!" You argued.

"Please, let me. I didn't get to throw you a party, and I wanted to do something nice for you," she pleaded, signing the receipt, not giving you any choice.
"You're too good to me," you assured her as the bag holding your dress was handed over.

"Y/N, I think we're becoming good friends. And I want to keep it that way. So, you let me buy you a dress, and you let me help plan the reception when we get back."

"Deal."

"Great! Now let's get back and see what those men are up to," She said, linking her arm with yours.