Unable To Wait

Jensen's POV

Frustrated, my long legs ate up the ground as Jared and I made our way to the meeting spot with Cliff. I wanted to be down Alpine Street now, not waiting for a ride.

"Jensen, slow down!" Jared exclaimed, even his long legs having trouble keeping up with me.

"If you can't keep up, then stay back." I muttered, before realizing how rude I had just sounded. "Dude, I'm sorry." I apologized, slowing my steps down.

"Jay, I get it. You're worried, and we're so close. But we need to meet up with Cliff and come up with a plan. We can't just head in there hot headed."

"I know...I know." I sighed. "I'm just so freaking close. When we get her back, and we will. I'm going to marry her. I'm going to show her just how much I love her."

"Jay, I don't want to ruin things, but Y/N's been with Brad for quite some time now. She might not be the same Y/N that you were engaged to. This might have changed her."

Turning to glare at my best friend in the entire world, I saw him flinching, ready to get hit for his remarks. But I couldn't hit him. He was at my side when I needed him the most. He was just trying to keep my head clear. "I know, and that scares me. But I will still be there for her, helping her every step of the way. Y/N's tough, she's going to fight."

Just then Cliff pulled up beside us, rolling his window down. "What are you waiting for?" He asked, as I rounded the car. Sliding into the passenger seat, I quickly filled him in on our news.

"So, are we just going house to house?" He asked as he turned back towards Alpine street. "We need a plan."

"I think we just need to get more information. We can travel the street, try to find them, then go from there." I suggested.

"And if he sees us?" Cliff argued. "Who knows what he will do if he sees us?"

"We won't let him." I promised. "Your windows are darkened."

"Maybe we should wait for the police to arrive. I heard they were on their way up here. Should be here in a couple of hours." Cliff wondered out loud.

"No!" I all but screamed. "I've waited this long, Y/N's suffered this long. I'm not going to wait any longer."

"Okay." Cliff sighed, turning the SUV down Alpine street. With all of us staring out the windows, conversation stopped.

Sure, I knew Cliff was trying to be reasonable. But I also knew the longer we waited, the less the chance of getting Y/N back unharmed. I knew she had already been through so much, I didn't want to leave her with him any longer.

Driving down the road, I wasn't surprised when houses became fewer and fewer. Turning from small city homes to cabins with plenty of open ground around them. The ocean was in the distance. "This isn't going to be the easiest place to sneak into." Cliff muttered half to himself.

I just continued to stare out the window, my jaw clenched so tight I knew it would be sore the next day. I kept searching for any clue that I could find. Hoping that he hadn't hidden his black SUV somewhere we couldn't see.

As the ocean came closer into view, I spotted a small, run down cabin off to the side. Two cars lined the pitted driveway, one looking suspiciously like the black SUV in the surveillance footage. The other was a small sedan, non-descript and out of place.

The cabin bordered the beach, with a small forest off to the other side. The windows were barred, but as Cliff continued driving, I could just barely make out figures on the beach. One figure stood out to me more than the rest, and I felt my heart picking up as I realized who I was seeing.

"Cliff! There! She's there!" I exclaimed, almost causing a wreck in the process.

"We will circle around." Cliff tried explaining through my excitement. "He's probably already spotted us, and who knows what he will do to Y/N."

Y/N's POV

I glanced frantically between Brad and the Priest, wishing that the Priest would stand up and try to fight Brad. But he didn't, and I got why. This wasn't his problem. While he wanted to help me, he also wanted to keep his head. He probably had a family to go back to.

"Brad, put the gun down." You spoke calmly, even though you were shaking from fear and the frigid air swirling around you.

"Sure, I'll put the gun down." Brad answered, surprising you. His eyes calmly glanced towards you, full of glee at getting his way. "As long as the two of you do as I say."

"Yes, of course." The priest muttered quickly, holding up his hands. "I will perform the ceremony, as long as you promise to let me go."

"Brad, I will marry you." You whispered, almost choking on the words. "As long as no harm comes to him."

"Thank you." The priest mouthed, and even though you could see guilt clouding his features, you knew he wasn't able to help you. No one was able to help you. You were completely on your own, at the mercy of Brad.

Finally, his hand slid down, the gun now pointing to the ground instead of the Priest's head. Taking a deep breath, you winced as Brad grabbed your arm, turning you to face the Priest. "Get on with it!"

Gulping, the Priest opened his book, pushing his glasses up his nose. He began rattling off the beginning of the Wedding vows, when Brad interrupted. "Just get to the important shit already, got it!"

As the priest turned the pages of his book, getting to the I do part, you heard the sound of a car traveling down the gravel road. Glancing over your shoulder, you saw Cliff's familiar SUV, your heart soaring for the first time in what seemed forever. Jensen was here, he had found you.

Schooling your features, you turned back to the priest, hoping that Brad wouldn't recognize the car. "Wait!" He yelled to the priest, waving the gun at him. "What the hell is a car doing back here? This road never has traffic."

As the wheels turned in that crazy brain of his, you thought just as fast. If Brad realized who that was, there's no saying what he would do. He would probably kill you before letting you be with Jensen once again. "That can't be..." He wondered out loud, and you made your move. As the SUV came rambling back from the end of the road, you dove towards Brad, heading straight for the gun, hoping to knock it from his hands.

uA