The Date

It was only two hours until your date, and you could feel yourself growing nervous, second guessing yourself for saying yes. You never had the greatest luck with dates, and you were afraid this one would go as the rest, down the drain. And you really didn't want that to happen, because it was Jensen, and seemed like a really good man. And if it did go south, you hoped it wouldn't mess up your working relationship.

There had been a couple of times throughout the long day that you had considered marching to his apartment, and canceling the date. But each time you held back, another part of yourself beyond excited to see where this went. That's why you let yourself relax in a bath, pampering yourself with scented bath oils, making sure your legs were silky smooth. You had soft music playing in the background, and along with your favorite candles it did the trick, and you felt much more relaxed and ready for the evening. 

Before you could turn into a prune, you slipped out of the luxurious bathtub, pulling on your robe, before you began the task of applying make up. It was true, you were a make up artist, but because you dealt with it on a daily basis, and in a lot of quantity, you usually applied the minimum to yourself. But tonight you wanted to look special, so you took your time, applying a light coat of foundation, along with the rest of the works. 

The next step was the hardest, trying to figure out what to wear. You wanted to look nice, but not like you were trying to hard. Going through your huge, but sparse walk in closet, you tapped your finger against your lip as you looked over your choices. You didn't want to wear your black dress, too cliche. Passing by your other dresses, too fancy, you finally decided on the one in the back. You hadn't had a chance to wear it, but it would be perfect. Not too fancy, or plain, not too short, or long, it was ideal. It had a white lace top with cropped sleeves, along with a flowing tan ruffled skirt that was attached by a slim belt. It draped to just above your knees, and you had the perfect pair of heeled sandals to go with it. It was girly, one of the few girly items in your closet. You usually stuck to jeans and T-shirts. It was easier in your profession.

After smoothing down your dress, you went back into the bathroom, twisting your hair into a simple French twist. Touching up your lipstick, you went out into the living room, surprised to see you still had ten minutes to spare. Making sure you had your purse, you nervously tapped your foot, jumping when your phone chimed. It was your friend, wishing you luck typing back a quick reply, you heard a knock on your door.

Taking a deep breath, you made sure you were smiling before you opened the door. But as soon as you saw Jensen, your smile faltered. He looked amazing, better than you could have ever expected. He had on a nice pair of black jeans, along with a pair shiny black boots. A crisp, off white button down was under a worn and weathered, and form fitting leather jacket.

You were so busy noticing Jensen, you didn't see him eyeing you up and down. But you did hear the low,  "Wow." He whispered as he gaze connected with yours once again. "You look amazing."

"You're not so bad yourself." You blurted out before you could catch yourself. Reaching in, you grabbed your purse, and your light jacket, locking the door behind you. Facing Jensen once again, you giggled slightly at the fact that he was holding his arm out for you. Tucking yours into his, you almost melted as he pulled you closer,  and you could smell his unique cologne.

"It's never been this easy to pick a girl up." He teased. You pushed his shoulder with your own, surprised at how comfortable you felt with him.

He pressed the button for the elevator and you waited for it in silence. As soon as you stepped in, he turned to you. "So, there's this really nice little Italian place down the road. I hope that sounds okay."

"Well, maybe I shouldn't have worn white." You teased back, but he took your words to heart.

"Or we can go somewhere else, it's not a big deal." He started, but you placed your hand on his forearm, feeling his muscles jump at the contact.

"Italians fine. I love Italian. Just don't make fun of me if I get sauce on my dress." You reassured him.

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Good,  because their food is so good, and the paparazzi is never there so we don't have to worry about them." He said, talking for the both of you as he guided you down the street.

However, you were still stuck on the word paparazzi. You hadn't even thought about them, and what would happen if the two of you went out. Was going to this restaurant his way of saying he was ashamed to be seen with a lowly make up artist? Maybe he just considered you a fling?

Jensen's P O.V.

I had been looking forward to this date all day long,  even showing up to her door early. And as soon as I had seen her,  I knew it was the right thing, asking her out. She was gorgeous, in that elegant dress, a nervous smile upon her face. I could have spent all evening just standing there, taking in my fill.

Then I made an idiot out of myself, babbling about the restaurant, and how it was a secluded little place. It took me about five minutes into our walk to realize how quiet she was being, and I hoped I hadn't done anything wrong.

"Y/N, is everything okay?" I asked, reading her face which seemed a little paler than usual.

"Sorry, just a little quiet. Trying to concentrate on walking in these heels." She said, a small smile gracing her face, but not the wide, natural smile that looked so good on her.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even realize. I should have known. Danneel never would have walked down here either." I muttered, knowing I had already messed up.

I was more than surprised when I felt her small hand on my forearm, and I looked down at her. "It's not the walk. I don't mind that at all. Truthfully, and don't tell anyone. But I'm a clutz. I can trip over my own foot, so heels fan be an issue for me."

I found myself chuckling at her words, relieved that I hadn't ruined our first date with something as stupid as walking to a restaurant. Grasping her hand, I pulled her flush against me, loving the way she fit against my side. "Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall."

She stayed tucked against my side, and we walked the rest if the way to the restaurant in silence. It was busy when we arrived, but the owner, Enrique noticed me right away. "Jensen!" He exclaimed, making his way through those waiting to be seated. "So nice to see you again. And who is this lovely young lady?"

I glance down at Y/N, lightly squeezing her shoulder. "This is Y/N, my neighbor and date for the night. Y/N, this is Enrique, he owns this wonderful establishment."

I watched as Enrique flirted with Y/N, my jaw growing tense with jealousy as she seemed to flirt back. "I think we have a reservation." I cut in, only to have Enrique roll his eyes at me.

"Of course you do. You always have a standing reservation with us, you know that. Now come, I have your favorite table ready." He said, guiding me and Y/N to the back of the room. The table was secluded from the rest, with candles giving it a soft glow. I pulled Y/N's chair out, waiting for her to sit before I pushed it back in.

By the time I moved to sit down, Enrique was back, with a bottle of wine in his hand. "Your favorite wine, on the house in honor of your beautiful date." He said, pouring each of us a glass before heading back towards the front of the room.

"I think Enrique is quite taken with you. I've been coming here for years, and he's never offered me complimentary wine before." I told her, watching as Enrique talked to his wife, pointing back to us, a huge smile on his face. A smile that probably matched mine. Because I couldn't believe how lucky I was. To be here, with a woman like Y/N, a woman I never thought I'd have a chance with. Especially since my divorce with Danneel had left me reeling.

But all it took was a smile from Y/N, and I knew this would be an amazing night.