Engagement Party

Jensen's POV

Standing in the hallway, I kept adjusting my suitcoat as I waited for Y/N to make her way down the stairs. Our engagement party was starting shortly, and I couldn't wait for her to be surrounded by her friends. Little did she know, but her friend Tiffany had made it up, and was planning on surprising her at the party.

"Y/N, are you coming?" I finally called out, knowing if she waited too much longer we would be late to our own party.

"Yeah." She answered, her voice much closer than from our room. Glancing up the stairs, she stood there, a vision in a beautiful white dress, and it made me realize how much I couldn't wait to see her dressed up for our wedding day. Her dress was nowhere near as fancy as a wedding gown would be, but it was still beautiful, made especially so by the woman wearing it.

Pressing a kiss to her cheek, I assured her that every man would be jealous of me, before I tucked her arm into mine. "Ready to go celebrate with our friends?" I asked her, and she nodded.

Settling into the car, I kept her hand in mine as we wove through busy traffic. My phone went off twice, no doubt Jared, telling me to hurry up. Finally, we were parked in front of the restaurant, a place specially reserved for us. "Here we go." I exclaimed as I looked at the decorated front of the store. Our favorite restaurant had gone all out. With banners and balloons, it welcomed us into our party.

Enrique stood at the entrance, a huge bouquet of flowers in his arms, that he immediately handed Y/N. "Congratulations!" He exclaimed, vigorously shaking my hand, before kissing each of Y/N's cheeks. She was blushing from all the attention, looking even more adorable than ever. Taking her hand, I pulled her away from Frankie, heading towards the back of his restaurant, where I could see all our friends and coworkers gathering.

Jared was the first to greet us, coming over and giving me a huge hug, before picking Y/N up and spinning her around. "You guys finally made it! I was getting worried!"

"That was my fault." She insisted. "I took too long getting ready."

"And you look beautiful." Gen agreed, coming forward to stand next to her husband. "Jared, don't hog the guests of honor."

Following them into the banquet room, I kept Y/N close to my side. Ryder was already there, standing at the entrance, his gaze always moving as he kept a lookout. I would have to thank him for his diligence later. "Jensen, I'm sorry your parents didn't make it. Maybe we can have a dinner or something down in Texas." She suggested, and I squeezed her hand.

"That sounds perfect." I exclaimed, before her and I were overtaken by well wishers.

Your POV

The second you had walked into Enrique's you had immediately felt at ease. Sure, you had been nervous and excited before, but seeing all your Vancouver buddies in the back, along with the friendly reception from Enrique, had you smiling and glad that this was happening. Jensen stayed close to your side as the two of you made your way into the main reception hall, where you were literally attacked by Jared. Not minding one bit, you let him pick you up in a big hug, before Gen came to save the two of you. Glancing around the tall man, you noticed your friend Tiffany, who was someone you hadn't see for quite some time.

"Excuse me." You whispered to Jensen, pulling away and making your way to where your old friend stood, a glass of wine in her hand.

"Tiffany!" You exclaimed, crushing your friend into a deep hug. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

"I wanted to surprise you." She explained as she returned the hug. "Congratulations girly."

"Thanks. I can't believe this is really happening. I'm afraid if I close my eyes this will all be a dream." You admitted to her.

With her arm around your shoulder, she guided you over to the bar, handing you a glass of wine. "It's perfect. And you deserve this. All of this."

"It just feels right." You told her. "Being with Jensen. He's so amazing. Kind, and smart. Funny and protective. He came swooping into my life, and I am so glad he did."

"You two are amazing together." She agreed, "And I can't wait to see this house of yours."

"If I had known you were coming, you could have stayed with us." You said, just as Jensen came back up, taking your hand.

"They are about ready to serve dinner." He told you, giving Tiffany a smile before pulling you away. Sitting at the front of the table, you Jared and Gen across from you, Tiffany next to you, and the rest of the cast and crew filling the long table. Plates were brought out, filled with an assortment of Enrique's finest Italian food. Bottles of wine were passed around, along with baskets of garlic bread. The mood in the room was loud and boisterous, and you were having a blast, splitting your time talking to Gen and Tiffany. They seemed to be getting on fairly well, and that made you happy.

Soon, you were sitting back, slightly drunk off wine, your belly full of all the delicious food. "I think Enrique outdid himself tonight."

"I agree." Jensen said, reaching over and grasping your hand. "Tonight was perfect."

"I saved the best for last!" Enrique exclaimed, personally carry a couple of plates towards the two of you. Sitting them down, he pulled the covers off, showing you plates piled high of cannoli's. "Your favorite!"

"Enrique, you keep this up I won't be able to walk." Jensen warned him, but still, he reached over, grabbing cannoli from the plate. Holding it up in front of your lips, you took a bite of your favorite dessert.

"It's even better than usual Enrique." You insisted, watching as the Italian man blushed from your praise.

Passing the plates around, soon everyone was enjoying the taste of cannoli.

Taking his spoon, Jared tapped the side of his wine glass, standing up as he did so. "I just wanted to thank everyone for coming tonight, I know it means a lot to Jensen and Y/N. As the best man, I figured it was my duty to say a couple of words. I love these two soo much, and I can't find the words to describe how much they mean to me. I just want to let them know that I am wishing them all the best, and I know their love will guide them through anything."

"Jared, you are such a romantic." His wife whispered, love shining in her eyes as she looked up at him.

"You know it." He agreed, his words flowing smoothly from the amount of wine he had downed.

"I just want to say that I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world." Misha exclaimed, standing up from his spot beside Tiffany. "Jensen, you better treat this wonderful woman right. Otherwise she might turn you into a walking zombie at work."

Everyone laughed at Misha's comment, while your friend Tiffany stood up. "I know that most of you don't know me. And I'm not around as much as I want to be. But I've been Y/N's friend for quite some time, and it's amazing how much she has changed since she's moved to Vancouver. She's happy, really happy, and I know that's mainly because of Jensen. So, thank you for being there for her. For taking such loving care of my friend."

After that, everyone started to take off, leaving you with just Jared and Gen, and Tiffany. While Jensen and Jared fought over the last cannoli, you turned to Tiffany. "Please say you'll come stay at our house. That way we can wake up early in the morning, and spend it talking on the patio."

"Of course." She answered. "I was just going to stay in the apartment, but after what happened, I think we'll just sell the place."