Complications

As soon as Jensen had walked into your small, crowded trailer that you now shared with Jeannie, you were frozen to your spot, waiting for him to recognize you. Waiting for him not to recognize you. After all, it had been one chance meeting in the hallway, and he was a busy and popular guy. Why would he notice and remember someone like you?

But soon his eyes turned your way, eyes that were even more of a deep forest green than when you had last gazed at him. You watched as they narrowed as he stared at you, then widened with recognition. "You" You had heard him say, and you weren't sure if that was a good thing, or a bad thing. His coworker, Jared, had crowded in behind him, pushing him farther into the trailer, making the space seem extremely closed in. 

You watched as Jared's head moved from you and Jensen, confused. You weren't sure exactly what was said, what you were able to spit out, because you were too busy staring Jensen's way. You were taking in the way his faded black jeans hung low on his hips, but tight at the same time, accentuating his strangely appealing bow legs. Or the way his red and plaid shirt highlighted his strong and wide shoulders. He was a handsome man, and it was easy to see he was comfortable in his own body. 

Jeannie came to your rescue, grabbing Jared by his ear, and dragging him to her chair. You could hear him arguing, but there was a smile on his face, especially when she shoved a huge container of candy in his hands. While you had been watching the interaction between the hair dresser and the tall man, Jensen had come to stand next to you, surprising you. "Does he really eat candy for breakfast?" You asked him.

"Nah." He said, flashing you a brilliant smile. "He's already had breakfast. That's his pre-snack, snack."

"Oh." Was all you could say as Jensen gracefully sat down in your chair. You moved to grab your smock to cover him up with, frustrated with yourself when you found your hands shaking. Taking a moment to yourself, you took a deep breath, before turning back to Jensen, who seemed utterly relaxed. You were more than a little hurt that he wasn't effected by your working together. But maybe, he just wasn't interested in you.

Telling yourself to get a grip, that it was impractical to be fanning over a coworker, you stepped closer to him, inhaling his unique scent of mint, and an unrecognizable musk that was very appealing and nice. You settled the cover over him, before grabbing your make up. You were lucky that today was a simple day, just some touch up, with a few small cuts. It wouldn't take you very long at all. 

Proud that your hands were once again steady, you began to work, a little disappointed that you were covering up a smattering of freckles. They were adorable, and made the handsome man even that much cuter.

"You're smiling." His deep voice rumbled, and you looked up, just the tiniest bit, to see his green eyes concentrating on you. 

"Why shouldn't I be?" You asked him as you turned to grab the make up for the small cuts you needed to make. 

He made sure not to move, to not mess up your work, but you found yourself concentrating on his plump lips as they moved. "There's no reason. It's just our old make up artist rarely smiled. It's nice to see. And you have a nice smile."

You found yourself blushing. "I was just thinking what a shame it was to cover up all these freckles."

You felt his deep, rumbling chuckle vibrate the chair before you heard it, and you were disappointed it didn't last long. He had a nice laugh, full and masculine, but not forced. "Most people want to hide them in this profession."

"Yeah but it's sad. They're adorable." You said, earning another chuckle. 

Jensen's P.O.V.

It was hard to sit here, with her lithe body above mine, and act as if I wasn't affected. When she had moved to grab more items, I had caught Jared staring at me, a knowing expression on his face. When I turned back to her, I was shocked to see how close she was. I could count the light golden specks in her e/c eyes, her lush and full lashes that framed them. She was breathtakingly beautiful, but in more of a girl next door sort of way. I couldn't tear my eyes away from her, and I found myself wanting to do nothing more than pull her into my lap when she unconsciously bit her lower lip, tugging on it as she concentrated.

When she commented on my freckles, calling them adorable, I wondered if I might have a chance with her, if she was as interested in me as I was in her. I know I promised myself no work place romance, but she wasn't an actor, which seemed to change my thinking a little. Maybe I should ask her out for dinner, I thought to myself, just as she leaned back, and I missed the warmth of her body next to mine, and the subtle smell of (favorite perfume smell). 

"All done." She said proudly, handing me a mirror, and I was impressed with her work. She hadn't covered me in so much make up that I looked like a painted whore. And the little cuts were exactly what Dean had, nothing too extreme. 

I stood there, trying to gather the nerve up, but Jared's hand slapping my shoulder shot my out of my awkwardness. "Dude, it's my turn." He said, plopping down in the seat, making Y/N laugh, and I felt jealous. There was nothing to be jealous about, Jared was married, happily, but I still wanted to be the one to make her laugh. It was light and free, a wonderful sound that I could get used to hearing.

A frown on my face now, I slid into the hair dresser's seat, my gaze on Jared as he made Y/N blush and laugh. Jeannie didn't even try to talk to me, but took the short amount of time to make sure my hair was spiked exactly right. By the time I was done, so was Jared, and we walked out together. 

"Dude, you like her!" Jared exclaimed as soon as the door shut behind him.

Grabbing his arm and pulling him until I was sure enough we could be overheard, I turned on him. "Jared!"

"What? I saw the way you were looking at her. It's obvious." He said, his eyebrows waggling, making him look ridiculous.

"So, we work together. Work relationships never go well." I said as we made our way back to our trailers.

"Um, excuse me? I think my work relationship did remarkably well." Jared argued, and I sighed.

My hand on the door to my trailer, I looked him in the eye. "True, but what if it doesn't work? I'd have to see her every day. She'd probably make me look like a clown."

Jared was almost around the corner before he answered. "But what if it does work? Imagine having someone like her to go home with."

Your P.O.V.

You watched as the two men left, your trailer feeling empty and quiet without them. "They sure do fill a room don't they?" Jeannie asked you as she began to put her stuff away.

"Yeah." You answered as you followed suit, making sure all the lids were tight and ready for the next touch up. You were so intent in your work that you almost missed her next words.

"I think Jensen likes you." Were her words, and they had you turning to face her, the bottle of fake blood forgotten in your hands.

"What? No. Never." You stuttered. "Why would a man like Jensen like me?"

She shook her head at you, before turning to leave the trailer. "Why wouldn't he? You seem smart, and you're gorgeous."

"Wait!" You yelled, but she had already slammed the door shut, leaving you alone with your thoughts. Stealing a piece of Jared's candy, you sat down in the chair, wondering if Jensen truly liked you, and what you should do about it.