Life in Your Hands

Jensen's POV

Impatiently waiting as Cliff made his way towards the end of the street, I turned back to Jared. "Jared, what are we going to do? There's no way to sneak in, and if that is them on the beach, they'll see us coming."

Before he could answer, Jared's attention was turned away, his eyes growing wide at whatever had him raptured.

"Jar, what is it?" I asked, just as Cliff slammed his hand on the steering wheel, cursing loudly.

With my heart beating so fast I feared it would burst from my chest, I rotated in my seat, the cabin much closer than I had anticipated.

I could just barely see past the cabin to the beach, but what I saw had my blood boiling. Brad had a gun pointed at the priests but Y/N was moving, jumping towards Brad, ready to take him out.

"Shit!" I exclaimed as I could only watch as Y/N and Brad landed hard on the ground, a gunshot echoing loud enough we heard it in the car. Cliff was driving as fast as he could, the SUV bottoming out on the pits in the road. 

My eyes never moved from the scene in front of me, where both Brad and Y/N lay, the other person staring down at them.

Your POV

Jumping forward, your eyes continuously on the gun in Brad's hand. His eyes widened as he saw you jumping straight at him. Your target was the gun, hoping to knock it away from him before it went off and hit either you or the priest. Hoping that you would create a much needed diversion until Jensen arrived, hopefully with backup.

"You bitch!" Brad screamed as the two of you went down. Your head connected hard with his shoulder, your teeth rattling. You tasted blood as they gnashed down on your tongue, your elbow connecting with a rock on the beach.

Crying out in pain, you tried to pull back from him just as the gun went off. The sound was loud, echoing, creating a ringing in your eardrums. You waited for the pain to come, the exploding white pain of a gunshot wound. Seconds ticked by as you lay on top of Brad, but when you registered only the older aches and pains, you knew you weren't shot. Hoping that it hadn't connected with the priest, you went to push off of Brad, not wanting those hateful hands anywhere near your body. "You ruin everything!" Brad screamed, reaching up and grabbing you by the upper arm. 

Not wanting to go down with him once again, you pulled roughly away, just in time to see the black SUV barreling it's way down the pitted road. "Miss, you should run!" The priest yelled as he ran towards his car, leaving you there to battle with Brad.

You wanted to run. As far away from Brad as absolutely possible. But you were done running. Done being afraid of this evil man who had ruined your life for so long. You wanted to end this once and for all. 

Turning back to face him, you weren't surprised to see he was back on his feet. The gun lay forgotten on the ground behind him. His eyes were bloodshot, full of hatred, and craziness. "You've ruined everything. And you need to pay."

Growling, he lunged at you, taking you both down to the ground. Wincing as your already sore back connected with the rocks, you wrapped your hands around his neck, trying to pry him away.

"Y/N!" You heard your name being called, before Brad was roughly pulled from you. Breathing heavily, you saw Brad and Jensen grappling towards the brisk waves. Brad had craziness fueling him, but Jensen had his fear for you and years of stunt work for Supernatural and they seemed even. 

"Y/N, over here!" Jared called, trying to guide you towards the SUV, away from the fight. But this was your fight, and you wouldn't leave until it was over. 

Reaching down behind you, you picked up gun, the steel cold and unfamiliar in your hands. Holding it tightly, you watched as Jensen landed a punch on Brad's cheek, before Brad locked his foot behind Jensen's, knocking him down to the ground. "She was never yours." Brad growled at Jensen, standing over him.

You could see Cliff in the distance, racing over to help Jensen. Brad reached down to pick up a big rock, as Jensen glowered up at him. "You crazy son of a bitch. She hates you." He exclaimed, trying to move away as Brad held the rock up high.

Taking a deep breath, you held the gun out in front of you, the safety off. Lining up your shot, you gently squeezed the trigger, falling back at the recoil. 

Everyone's movement stopped at the sound of the gunshot. In slow motion you watched as the bullet slammed into Brad's chest. He stared down in shock, as red began to blossom on the stark white of his shirt, before he stumbled, the rock slipping from his fingers. Falling to his knees, he pressed his hand to his chest, before looking your way in shock. "You did it. I never thought you would. You loved me. We belong together."

"Brad, I've never loved you." You assured him. "Why would I love a man who always put me in the hospital?"

Before he could answer, his face grew lax, and he fell forward, his head connecting with a rock with a thud. By this time Cliff was there, and he reached down, pressing his fingers against Brad's neck. "He's gone." He explained after a minute.

Staring between you and Brad, Jensen finally came to his feet. He had a bloodied lip, and a black eye, but was otherwise okay. Kneeling down in front of you, he slowly reached for the gun that was still grasped tightly in your hand.  "Y/N, it's done. You can let go now." He spoke softly, trying to take the gun from you.

Shock had you grasping the gun tightly, refusing to let go until he spoke to you once again. "Please Y/N, you can let go." 

Releasing the gun, you kept your eyes on Brad's lifeless body, wondering if it was really over. Not realizing that you were shaking, or that Jensen's eyes were raking over your pale and battered body, guilt wrecking his features. 

Taking his coat off, he wrapped it around your shoulders. But you hardly felt the warmth of the material as it settled on your frozen skin. You didn't recognize the familiar smell of Jensen. You were frozen to your spot, your eyes refusing to leave Brad. Worried that any second now he would wake back up and come after you once again.

"Y/N, we need to go." Jensen tried again. "You need a hospital. The cops are on their way. They'll take care of Brad." 

It wasn't until he gently grasped your chin, that you looked up at him through blank eyes. With tears in his eyes, he gently picked you up, worried even more when you did nothing. Didn't cuddle into his embrace, or fight his hold at all. You just sat there, turning your head so you could stare back at Brad, who still hadn't moved.