Some Of The Best Things In LIfe Are Unexpected

JAYY'S POV

What the hell is up with Dahvie? Why is he acting so weird? He has always loved cuddling, it’s just the type of guy he is, he always wants to be close to someone, but this is ridiculous. I’m not saying that I’m not enjoying this, honestly it’s a dream come true but I just don’t understand why he is doing it. I sighed and he cuddled deeper into my chest with a content sigh. I chuckled quietly and gently stroked his hair. He thought I was controlling him, but I really can’t do that. I’m a healer I guess you could say. From my personality I was granted with powers to help others that I love, though it could make me sick or even kill me. I’ve only used it on Dahvie though, even if it was just for small things. I can also brainwash him and seduce him like the master of a submissive, but I would never do that to him. Anyone else of course, but I love Dahvie too much to take away his free will, its just plain cruel. “Jayy?” Dahvie whispered quietly. “Why are you so protective of me, from what Daniel said vampires are supposed to view humans as pretty much nothing.” I tensed slightly at the question. I couldn’t let him know the true reason, so I whispered into his hair “ I’m not like most vampires, I’m one of the few who live amongst the humans, I guess I get connected to you guys, and it makes me weak from what the others say, but I don’t care.” He chuckled quietly. It’s true what I said about the other vampires judging me, especially at the meetings when I would show up late, like about a week ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was lying in bed just staring at the ceiling, waiting to leave for the meeting.  I was about to stand and climb out of the window when there was a quiet knock on my bedroom door. I knew it would be Dahvie; he has been having nightmares quite often lately. I sighed and walked to the door, opening it for him. I smiled at him. He had his cheetah print throw blanket around his shoulders, with a look of embarrassment resting on his face. He opened his mouth to say something but I placed a single finger over his lips, silencing him. He blushed as I asked gently “you had a nightmare?” his blush darkened and he nodded, seeming ashamed. I chuckled and grabbed his hand, pulling him gently to my bed. I lifted the covers allowing him underneath and then climbed in along with him. He almost immediately cuddled deeply into my chest and whispered “thanks Jayy, I’m sorry I woke you.” I rubbed his back in slow circles, a ’you’re welcome’ spoken without words. He sighed contentedly and allowed his breathing to become slow and even. I grinned as I gently climbed out of his grasp. I quickly placed a kiss on his forehead before climbing out of my window. I knew that I was going to be late, but I didn’t care.

As I walked into the small clearing in the forest, I was met with tons of glares. Immediately Christopher asks in front of everyone “Jeremy, why are you thirty minutes late?” I sighed and took my normal seat beside Christopher. “Sorry sir, but Dahvie had a nightmare, so I let him sleep with Me.” everyone began to laugh. “So that explains why you smell like human, I was wondering!” someone yelled. I rolled my eyes and Christopher sighed “Jeremy, you needn’t get so close to this human, it will lead to nothing but trouble.” I sighed and nodded. “Why are you such good friends with that loser anyways?.” a guy named Alec asked “I’ve seen him, he is nothing special, and ugly as hell!” everyone laughed as I tried to hold back a wicked hiss. “yeah.” someone agreed “besides Jayy, you know that Daniel will end up getting him, just let him have him, it will be easier. The guy needs to die like every other human anyways!” I lost it. I charged with inhuman speed and grabbed the guy by the neck. He gasped and his eyes went wide as he began to tremble. Everyone was panicking as Christopher yelled “Enough, everyone quiet and take a seat.” everyone complied except for myself. He had used his “controlling tone” but that has no effect on me. It never has and it never will. He took a deep breathe and asked “Jeremy, please release Brody and take a seat.” I smiled sinisterly but I listened. I knew that the meeting wasn’t at all important so I didn’t listen. After the meeting I raced home, even quicker than usual “rushing home to your little blood whore!” someone yelled. I rolled my eyes annoyed and yelled back “you mean my best friend? At leaset i have one!” I climbed quietly through the window and realized with great thankfulness that Dahvie was still asleep. I sighed and decided to just strip down to my boxers and climb into bed, Dahvie wouldn’t mind. I was glad that I didn’t have fighting practice tonight or I would’ve had to take a shower. With a sigh I climbed back into bed with Dahvie, gently pulling him to my chest and wrapping my arms around him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahvie suddenly yawned and whispered “I think I’m going to go to sleep.” he gave me his world famous puppy dog eyes and whispered “Are you going to stay with me tonight?" I smiled and nodded. "Of course I am Dahv, I promise." Dahvie smiled as i shifted slghtly so that his back was facing me. I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist and lay in a spooning position. He giggled and blushed brightly. His eyes slipped closed slowly and he became completely silent, except for his quiet breathing. I grinned lightly and whispered “I love you Dahvie.” I lay my head onto the pillow just before I heard something I wasn’t expecting, “I love you too Jayy.”