Chapter 7- Viral Hit

Start from the beginning

    I looked at him quizically for a moment before realizing that we could go off campus and not get into trouble. I had also forgotten that I had a free block like I did back home, and it was right after lunch. Sweet. 

    "Alright man with the plans, where do you suggest we go?" I asked innocently. 

    "Ha ha very funny. Why don't we go outside and walk around a bit, I think there's a pretty good noodle shop up the street a couple of blocks,"he suggested. 

    I nodded my approval, but stopped him before he made us walk out the doors of the school. Hunter turned and looked at me confused, waiting for an explanation. 

    "I need to grab my purse," I said. Hunter just rolled his eyes in response and walked back with me to my locker to retrieve my feminine item that seemed to bother Hunter. 

     We headed out the front entrance of the school and started walking in the direction that Hunter said the noddle shop was in. I had to trust him on this, because Lord knows that I would never be able to find the place on my own. 

     Along the way we talked and caught up with each other. It had been a while since we had spoken or emailed each other due to our busy schedules and the time difference.  

    I asked him about why people seemed to stay away from him and what about all the rumors I heard from Seo. He told me that most of the students got jealous that he was rising to the top of the class without so much as lifting a finger and so they all pretty much outcasted him. The only person who truly stayed by his side was that witch of a girl Mai. Okay, maybe she wasn't soo witchy, but I'm only saying that because she's been nice to Hunter. 

     We arrived at a small noodle shop and went inside. I was really a nice spot, with benches lining each wall and tables and chairs spread out nicely in the room. It wasn't too busy, but it was busy enough to where we had to talk to each other a little louder to hear. The place smelled delicious though, making my tummy wamble loudly enough for Hunter to look down at me and say,"I guess someone is hungry."

     I just lightly punched him in the arm, in which he reacted to by dramatically holding his arm and saying ow like the wuss he is. I only used like 20% force, so it didn't even hurt that bad. 

     We sat down at a table next to the windows looking out to the street and waited for the waitress to come over to our table to give us our menus. This time I couldn't help but watch the people in the restaurant as they were eating and talking with their friends. However, I noticed that some of them were stopping their conversations to point and look at Hunter and I. I looked over at Hunter and saw that he was watching the people in the restaurant as well. It wouldn't have bothered me as much had we not been in a public restaurant in a city that I just moved to. The reason I wasn't as bothered by all the staring at school was because I was expecting it, I mean come on, I'm the new student that came to see the school a couple of weeks before school ended. I figured that people were going to stare, but this at a restaurant was at a whole new level. 

      I was pulled out of my thoughts when the waitress finally came over to our table and gave us the menus. Both Hunter and I were scanning the menu when I noticed that the waitress was still at our table staring at me. Did I have something on my face? 

     "I'm sorry, do I have something on my face?" I asked politely, looking up at the waitress, while also trying to rub whatever must be on my face away. 

     "No but, sorry to ask, are you that girl from that Youtube video?" she asked curiously. 

     "Um....What video are you talking about?" I asked concerned. What video would I be in?