Chapter One

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

•CHAPTER ONE•

Georgia woke up feeling wonderful as she usually does. She hopped out of her bed and happily walked towards her en suite to get ready for the day. Today she would be spending her day at her dad's company. Ever since she was a little girl, she always loved visiting and talking to all of the staff. One day she dreams of starting her own company in helping abandoned and injured animals. After hopping out of the shower and walking into her walk-in closet, Georgia skims through her clothes to decide what she would wear today.

She decided on a baby pink, strapless, and floral sundress with a white lace cardigan and a pair of beige wedge heels. She left her long brown locks to air dry in its curly state while running a brush through to make it smooth and soft. Finally, she settled on loose a powder, mascara, blush and a pink tinted lip gloss. Looking over her appearance once more at her floor length mirror she smiled and grabbed her purse and headed out of her condo.

Georgia finally arrived in front of the building she then tipped the cab driver and gave him a polite smile. She hopped out of the cab and greeted the doorman with a bright smile. "Morning, Carl!" Georgia grinned. "Good morning, Ms. Brown," Carl greeted with a bright smile. He couldn't help but feel elated by the aura that the girl emits. She was definitely something special.

~*~

"Morning darling," Georgia beams at the elder woman, whom was beaming back with a warm and loving smile. "Morning Martha," Georgia smiles at the woman softly, the older woman basically raised her when Georgia would spend most of her time at the company. "You are looking beautiful," Martha sways towards Georgia and embraces the girl in a tight hug. "Thank you," Georgia replies softly. "Now, why did you stop by baby girl?" Martha sure was quick to revert back to business, but Georgia could see the hint of teasing in her voice. Georgia giggles and played along. "Oh, just here to cause some havoc in the office," Georgia teased. Martha laughed, shaking her head in amusement. "Just try not to cause too much trouble," Martha winked at the girl while going back to work. "I'll try not to," Georgia teased back.

Georgia waited in her dad's office, lounging in his desk chair and playing a game on her phone. She turned her attention towards the door when she heard a sound. "Dad, I've been wait-," Georgia stopped when she realized that her father wasn't alone in the room. She immediately remembered how she was laid out and quickly straightened herself up. "Georgie! I didn't know you were stopping by today," Alec Brown grew nervous knowing his daughter might find out what has happened with the company. "I wanted to surprise you...I was wanting to get brunch," she stated hesitantly, glancing back and forth between her father and the handsome young man. "Should I come back?" she asked, looking at her father only. He merely nodded and offered her a small smile. She nodded in response and headed for the door. Squeezing between the two men, but was stopped. the handsome man lightly held onto her arm urging her to look up at him.

Georgia's heartbeat quickened when as she looked up at the handsome man. He was even more gorgeous up close. "Why don't you join your father and I for brunch?" Georgia was captured in his silky deep voice. She broke out of her trance when she heard her father clear his throat. She looked at her father, confused. "Uh...Are you sure Mr. Walsh?" Alec asked, hoping he would change his mind. He didn't want to involve his daughter in his problem. Knowing his daughter; however, she would be pissed if he continues to hide this. He had no choice but to face the music with his daughter. Ironic that he was more afraid of his baby girl than his wife. "Alright. I'll tell Martha we're going to head out and to postpone future meetings," Alec heads out to seek Martha.

Georgia stands beside this strange man staring her down. She grew irritated as the second ticks by. Her blood boiled as he kept staring at her; sighing angrily, she scowls at him. "What are you staring at?" she didn't mean to sound rude, but she didn't like people staring at her blatantly. It made her feel insecure, which is something she would never let anyone know. Georgia likes to put up a brave front, even if she feels insecure in her own skin. She would not let anyone see her weakness.