I - Modern Princess

(Hello, guys! Noel Lucis Caelum here! And welcome to Bloody Shadow! Yeaaay. This is my first time posting a novel on Wattpad and this is the revised version (as of September 2022). So, I hope you will enjoy the entire improvements I created. Happy reading~)

***

Nerissa wakes up at 7.02 in the morning. The strange thing is that the alarm beside her bed was on low battery, yet she got up right on time. Is this just a coincidence? Usually, she would sleep a bit more because she wanted to continue the previous dream she had. It was a nice dream.

She wipes off the dirt near her eyes and combs her messy black-white ombre hair with her fingers. The first thing she does in the morning is to drink a glass of water from the nightstand. Just to cleanse that morning palate. The bedroom is still dark because she hasn't opened the blinds. But, once she rose to her feet and opened it, she felt like a vampire scared of light. She feels the breezing morning air when she slides the window open.

She let out a sigh and spoke, "Yup Thats morning for me."

A loud ding sound comes out from the ceiling. That means the AI of this house sensed its master had awakened from her sleep and recognized the voice.

"Good morning, my lady." It echoes.

Nerissa then replies, "Mornin', Grandia."

For those of you who haven't known her, her name is Nerissa Dezastaria. Princess Nerissa Dezastaria. The 35th generation of the Dezastaria Kingdom, along with her older brother, the Prince. A royal family is known for its powerful magic. However, Nerissa was considered different from them. Why was that? Because she has the blood manipulation ability, it's a gift from the Gods. But, those powers have their own limits. The King gave her a ring with an extraordinary power that hopefully could hold her off in case anything went wrong. The King also made an AI-programmed robot just for her. Grandia. He made her so that she could accompany Nerissa in her loneliness and assist her. Nerissa refers to her as a close friend, and Grandia will remain loyal to her master until the end.

Nerissa and Grandia have been on the other side of Earth for a year. Why do they come here? That is because her kingdom, from a different dimension, is currently having a war with the other nation. It's been going on for decades and getting worse. A year ago, the King commanded her to stay on the other side of Earth for her safety. Hence, she slept inside this house made by Grandia on the outskirts of Rintis Island.

"Breaking news. Just now, three bank robbers escaped from the Bank for stealing a cart of gold bars. The staff threatened to give them the objects. And as we can see now from the city surveillance cameras, the bank robbers are assisted by the Jero-Jero, Adu Du, and Probe."

"Another day, another case." Grandia comments.

"Well, I guess it's no different than the ones in Kingston," Nerissa replies as she scrambles the egg on the frying pan.

Grandia questions, "Must we help the polices, my lady?"

Nerissa pours her scrambled eggs and says, "Help them? No. Let them handle it. It's their job. I don't want to start my morning by handling some criminals, not during my breakfast. Besides, who the fuck robs the bank in the damn morning? They probably have high-level patience just to wait for the Bank to open."

Later, Grandia informs regarding the news, "And it looks like things got twisted."

"Oh? That's quick." She commented.

"Breaking News. The three bank robbers are now secured by the police with the help of our superhero, Boboiboy. They will undergo some penalties by the justice court, and the stolen goods will be delivered safely back to the Bank. The police and the Bank have expressed their gratitude to Boboiboy for assisting. Next up, we will have a Weather Forecast for today."