Chapter 53 - Unpleasant Surprises

Song Credit - ' Jolene' - Miley Cyrus

Chapter 53

On Wednesday, I do a shift at Don Jose's and go to Kumari Devi's studio for the afternoon.

Tina is hardly ever at home these days. Now that she and Rahul are officially a couple, she's been spending more time at his place. I feel a bit neglected, but I also know that if Riaan was around I wouldn't have even noticed her absence.

Still, I miss her. Maybe, I must message and make some plans with her. She's probably not even aware of how I feel.

I wonder again about Riaan and his silence. It's starting to bother me. Should I try calling or texting him?

Has he spoken to Stephanie? I wish he'd just call and ease my worry. I'll try calling him tomorrow, if I hear nothing from him before then. I don't want to seem overbearing.  That's the worst kind of quality to have.

On Thursday, I meet with the gallery workmen that helped me the first time with hanging up my paintings. They help me take them down this time and wrap and store them away in my studio.

Chores accomplished! Time for some R and R.

Except when you have nothing purposeful to do, time passes at a snail's pace. Which is the predicament I find myself in now. I can not shake the feeling that something's about to happen. The calm before a storm...always has he pessimist.

The day goes by slowly with another shift at Don Jose's and a class at Kumari Devi's studio. Don Jose's  is quiet. Most students have left for home and other destinations as the holiday season pulls into full swing.

That evening I get into bed exhausted but happy to know that my work for the year is over. I can relax now knowing that all loose ends for the year have been tied.

The last thing I need to do, is to look at my emails. I haven't done this in a while so I take my laptop to bed and download my messages and proceed to work through them.

I go through them quickly, deleting the junk and reading the ones I think are important.

There are quite a few regarding the exhibition. Most are congratulatory. There's even one sent from Prof Timothy today of the possibility of taking my exhibition to the yearly national arts festival in June next year. This is a great opportunity of getting my work out there and I say as much in my reply to him.

I'm enthusiastic. A two week winter break next year sounds heavenly. Of course I will need to be there since the exhibition will require me to perform.

Will Sips be willing to come too? Maybe he could bring Kate with him. Make it a mini break for the two of them.

It's funny how I already see the two of them as a couple. Sips hasn't said much but the last time I saw them together, which was the night of the exhibition, they seemed to be so comfortable with each other. Like a couple. I'm sure this thing they have is going to be long term, even though it isn't Sips style.

Will Riaan come with me?

I have no idea but the thought makes my stomach do somersaults. That will be lovely.

How is it, that after just one weekend with the man, I'm already making plans for us as a couple. I need to pull back a bit and stop that. Let Riaan set the pace for this thing between us. I'm happy with that for now.

Riaan will be back tomorrow evening. That makes me smile.

He still hasn't called today. Fuck tomorrow...I will try and call him now after I'm done going through my emails.