Chapter 31 - Stay Away!

Chapter 31

We get to my flat and park outside.

"I really had a wonderful time tonight, Layla. I hope it was the same for you ."

"It was lovely...Thank God for milkshake spills and clumsy hands, right?"

We both laugh at that and are then silent. I'm expecting him to kiss me, wishing he would. I want Riaan to be wiped off me forever. I want someone else's lips to brand me as their own. To claim me.

"Well, goodnight then. I really hope Tina's feeling better..."

"Don't you want to kiss me?" I ask.

I need to know.

I see the surprised look on his face at the out-of-the-blue question I've thrown at him.

Is it an out-of-the-blue question? Isn't a goodnight kiss still expected these day? Am I being too forward? God, I hope not. I'm really bad at this dating thing.

But I need to know. Does he want to kiss me?

"Yes, like you can't imagine."

Relief washes over me. His response is instantaneous, removing all doubt from my mind.

"But your brother and his friend warned me to keep..."

The mention of Riaan is what triggers me into action. I close my eyes and lean forward.

David does not hesitate. He takes the invitation to kiss me eagerly, closing the space between us. His mouth is soft and tender. So very different to Riaan's.

We both deepen the kiss and I move slightly so that he is better able to put his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him. He tastes sweet, like the slice of chocolate cake we just shared, and I'm comfortable with this intimacy.

A jarring rap on my window pulls us roughly apart.

What the hell?

I look out the window to see the deadly gaze of none other than Riaan.

What the fucking hell! He really does have a knack for pitching up when I least expect it!

I freeze. I can't move or breathe.

"Get out of the car, Layla." His voice is low and measured, but is laced with such malice, I shiver involuntarily.

I don't move. I can't.

"I will say it one last time. Get out of the car. Now."

I decide to comply.

One last time, or what? Am I willing to find out?

I climb out, feeling like a teenager caught out in a petting session. Even my parents gave me some liberties- and privacy- when it came to such things.

No such luck with Riaan. He is fuming.

Riaan bends down at my car door which is now open, so that he is face to face with David.

"You were warned. Stay away from Layla. Do you understand?"

"Layla's old enough to make decisions of her own."

I hear David's voice. He sounds hesitant but holds his ground.

"Layla is mine. If you know what's best for you, you will stay away... Now, leave. Before this turns into a bloody mess."

There is silence for a moment. David is probably mulling over what to do next. I hear him sigh eventually.

Ignoring Riaan he speaks to me.

Ghungroo - The Siren Call of Lovers (#1 - Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें