Chapter 6: Walking Home (Camila's P.O.V)

Camila P.O.V: 

I woke up to the sound of birds outside of the window, and I didn't understand at first, because there are no birds at my house, then I remembered where I was. The memories of the night before came flooding back into my head, and I had to resist crying while I sat in bed with the lump that was those tears in the back of my throat. I checked the clock to my right and saw that it had 11:45 am on it. 

I looked to my left and saw Ally's back to me, and I knew that she was still asleep. I carefully got out of bed and looked myself over in the bathroom mirror. I looked pale and crushed. My eyes were puffy and red and although I couldn't see the bruises, I felt the pain they brought radiating throughout my body. I remembered that Ally said I could keep the close I was in and I decided to take her up on that offer. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and left her room. 

I exited her room and found myself out the door within minutes. I knew my way home, but I walked slowly as if I was lost. I was in no mood to face my dad, if he was even home, and I was too tired to rush in any respect. The sky showed signs of rain, but I figured it fit my mood. I had probably been walking for about 5 minutes when I got a text from Ally. 

Ally: 

Hey, where are you? Have you already left? 

I could practically hear her concern for me in my head through the text. So I decided to text her back really quick and tell I her I was fine and going home. She didn't reply for a minute or so, but she finally did. 

Ally: 

Well, you left your school uniform here, so you can come back and get it if you want, or I can bring it to you. 

How could I be so stupid?! Of course I left my school uniform there, it was such a 'me' thing to do. I stopped and did a turn on my heels and began to head back to Ally's house. I had walked for about 2 more minutes when I heard footsteps coming up behind me. I passed it off as a jogger or something, so I didn't bother looking at who it was. Apparently they had other ideas about our encounter. 

I was turned around quickly and the face that stared back at me brought back so many feelings and emotions that I couldn't even begin to explain. I questioned briefly if it was an illusion and I was just really starting to loss it, but illusions can't touch you, and she was. I could feel the tears that I had been holding back begin to leave my eyes. I saw her expression change, but I wasn't sure what it was now showing. 

I heard something leave her mouth, words more than likely, but I couldn't hear anything. I was just in a bubble of my own making, and it couldn't be penetrated. I was about to try and leave when she pulled me into a hug.  

I didn't even realize what was going on. Somewhere in my brain it told my arms to hug back, and at first I didn't care. Then I realized that I was hugging Lauren. I couldn't do this to myself, I just can't deal with it, and so I pushed her away. I could tell that I was crying more now and I wished I could stop, or just leave. I saw Lauren trying to hug me again, but this time I avoided her.  

"Look, Lauren, I, um, last night was a mistake, and it shouldn't have happened, I was just really drunk. I'm so sorry." I honestly didn't believe myself, so I figured that Lauren didn't either. I just had to say something to get out of the situation. 

"If it was such a mistake, why did you do it?" Her question caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting her to be so interested in it. I really had to think about what to say next. Whatever I say could make or break my heart.  

I finally decided just to blame it on being drunk again, but I could tell that Lauren didn't believe me. I was more trying to tell myself that it meant nothing, but I was struggling. Even though the tears were still streaming down my eyes, I made an attempt to walk past Lauren. Lauren caught my arm and began pulling me back to her though. The pain from the bruises spurred from her pulling me, and I flinched a little, hopefully she wouldn't notice. She obviously did, because she released my arm.