When I reached the bathroom, I locked myself in there so she couldn't take my phone from me.

"Please don't!" she begged through the door.

But I didn't listen. I started typing: Hey, Ryan. Riley is too afraid to tell you, but she likes you as more than a friend(:

I sent the text and opened the door. "I sent it."

She glared at me. "I hate you."

I smiled innocently. "You'll thank me when you start dating."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Suddenly, my phone vibrated. I checked to see who it was. I was surprised to see Ryan had texted me back already. Usually he's a slow texter.

I looked up at Riley. "It's Ryan."

Her eyes widened in fear. "What'd he say?"

I opened the text and started to read: Really? Well that's good cuz I kinda like her now, too.

I smiled. "He likes you, too."

A smile made it's way on her face. "Really? Let me see the text." I held out my phone for her to see and she broke out into a huge smile. "Ohmigosh! I can't believe this! I'm so happy now!"

"See? I told you."

She rolled her eyes. "Shut up." She still had the smile on her face, though. Her phone rang then, and she looked at it. "He texted me!"

"And what did he say?"

She read the message and a smile broke out on her face again. "He asked me out on a date!"

I smiled. "That's great! Congratulations!"

"Thanks!" She hugged me. "And thanks for telling him I like him. He wouldn't have asked me out if you didn't."

"It was no problem." We broke away from the hug. I checked my phone to see what time it was. "Well, I should probably go home."

"Okay. See you tomorrow. And thanks again."

"No problem." I went to the front door, opened it, and went out to my car.

On the drive home, my phone vibrated five times. I didn't want to risk getting into a car accident so I didn't even glance at the screen.

A few minutes later, I pulled into my driveway and parked the car. Grabbing my phone and the keys, I hopped out.

I checked my messages: Two texts, one from Ryan and one from Noah, and three missed calls, one from my mom, one from my dad, and one from Gina.

I decided I'll text and call them back later so I put my phone away and headed inside.

My dad was just walking into the room. "Oh, good, you're home. I called your cell but you didn't answer. Anyways, dinner's gonna be ready in a few minutes."

I ignored him and just went upstairs to my room. I opened my phone back up and read the text from Ryan: I asked her on a date.

I texted a reply: I know. We were hanging out.

I read the message from Noah next: Did I ruin our friendship after what I asked you at lunch?

I froze. How am I suppose to answer that? What he asked me was really awkward but I don't think I want to let that ruin our friendship. I just decided on texting a simple "no."

Since I don't need to call my parents back now I dialed Gina's number. After about three rings she picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey. You called?"

"Oh, hey, Erin. Yeah, I did. Um... Isaac's coming back to town soon."

I was kind of shocked by that news. He was just here not that long ago. "Really?"

"Yeah. Anyways, I was wondering if you would....." She trailed off.

"If I would what?"

"Nothing. Never mind."

"Just ask me."

There was silence for a few seconds before she sighed. "Don't get mad, okay?"

Uh, oh. This isn't going to be good. "Okay......"

"Well, remember when I told you about his ex that made my.... dad beat him up and get sent to jail?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, she's dating his best friend now and they're coming here with him and they're going on a double date. The only problem is he doesn't have a date. He just said he does to try to make her jealous."

I'm confused now. "Wait, I thought he broke up with her?"

"No, she broke up with him."

"Okay, but how does that involve me?"

"Well... he wanted to know if you would go on the date with him?"

I gasped. "What? No. Why doesn't he just meet a girl and ask her?"

"I asked him that but he says that would be using her and that wouldn't be right. So he wanted you to because I can't since I'm his sister and you're the only other girl he knows here and he thought you would do the favor for him."

"I can't. I mean, he still likes me so that would be awkward. And he reminds me of Tyson since they were best friends. I can't handle that."

I could hear her sigh from the other end of the line. "Okay. I'll let him know."

"I'm sorry." I meant it, too. I feel bad that I can't help her brother out but I couldn't handle being around him for a whole evening considering the fact he was my brother's best friend. I could barely handle being around him at the hospital, especially since that's the last place I saw Tyson besides at the funeral when he was in the coffin.

"It's okay. I'm sure he can find someone else."

"Erin, dinner is ready!" my dad called up to me.

"I gotta go," I told Gina.

"Okay. I'll see you in gym tomorrow."

"Okay." I hung up the phone, set it on my bed, and went downstairs to have dinner.