Chapter 15

It's been a couple weeks since Isaac's visit. I talked to him a couple times. Yesterday he went back to his college.

Jason finally stopped bugging me about being with him. We agreed to just be friends.

Noah's not suspended anymore but I haven't talked to him. I'm still mad at him for beating up Jason.

Riley still hasn't asked Ryan out. She said she wants to wait until the right moment but I know she's just trying to put it off as much as she can.

Gina's doing a little better about her dad being in jail but she still feels a little guilty. Alexa, Riley, and I are helping her as much as we can though.

Anyways, right now school just started. I sat down in an empty seat in the back of my English class.

"Okay. So today we're starting-"

The teacher, Mrs. Taylor, was cut off by someone walking in. It was a girl I didn't recognize. "Excuse me. Is this Mrs. Taylor's class?"

"Yes, it is. And who are you?" Mrs. Taylor asked.

"I'm Olivia. I'm new here," the girl answered.

"Oh, right. Come in. Take a seat anywhere."

Olivia started walking to the back of the room. She saw the empty seat next to me and sat down.

I smiled at her. "Hey."

She looked at me. "Hi." She seemed kind of shy.

"I'm Erin."

"Olivia."

"So where are you from?"

"Florida." She paused. "I've never been to a real school before."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was homeschooled. But when we moved here I decided I wanted to try going to a real school for once."

I opened my mouth to reply when the teacher cut me off. "Okay. Like I was saying, today we are starting our editorials. It can be about anything you'd like. Music, animal abuse, celebrities, texting while driving. Whatever you'd like." She paused. "We will be sharing these in front of the class." Everyone groaned. "But, you can have a partner."

For the next couple of minutes, we spent the time passing out the papers for the assignment and talking about what we have to do.

"Okay. You may get started now," the teacher said.

I turned to Olivia. "Do you want to work together?"

"Sure."

"Okay. So what do you want to do the editorial on?"

Before she could respond, a guy in my class came over to us. "Hey, Erin. Do you want to work together?"

"Go away, Austin." Austin is a big-time player. Even a bigger player than Jason used to be. He has a new girlfriend every day. Sometimes even every hour. Rumor has it that he got in a fight with a freshman in eighth grade for stealing his girlfriend. I feel bad for the girls that date Austin. But I guess it's their fault for being so stupid.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because," was all I said.

"Well, you don't have to be my partner but what do you say about being my girlfriend?"

I rolled my eyes. "Please. I'd rather jump off a bridge than be one of your short-term girlfriends."

"Fine. Your loss." He glanced at Olivia. He was about to turn around when suddenly his eyes widened and he turned back to Olivia. "Olivia. What are you doing here?"

"I moved here. You didn't see me walk into class?" she said with pure hatred in her voice.

"No. I wasn't really paying attention."

For a moment they just stared at each other. Olivia was giving him a hateful look and he was giving her a regretful look. I wonder why.

"Well, you should go find someone to be your partner," I told him to break the awkwardness.

He snapped out of the faze he seemed to be in. "Oh. Right. I guess I'll see you later, Olivia."

"Don't count on it," she said with the venom still in her voice.

He turned around and went back to his seat.

"How do you know him?" I asked Olivia.

"It doesn't matter."

"But-"

She cut me off. "Please just drop it. I don't want to talk about it."

I sighed. "Fine. So shall we start working on the editorial?"

After school I went over to Jason's. Right now we're sitting on the couch watching tv.

A few minutes later he turned off the tv. I turned to him. He was just looking at me. "What?" I asked.

"I was just thinking, do you want to play a game?"

"Sure. What game?"

"Truth or dare."

Of course. We always play that. "Okay. Who's going first?"

"I will. Truth or dare?"

I thought about it for a second. "Truth."

"Okay. Let me think..." There was a short pause. "This is a dumb question, but do you know how Austin knows the new girl Olivia?"

The question shocked me. "No. I don't. I asked her but she said she didn't want to talk about it."

"Oh. That's weird."

"I know." There was another short pause. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

Crap. I was hoping he would pick truth. "Um.... I dare you to....." I smiled. This is gonna be a good one. "Tomorrow at school, I dare you to bark whenever someone says your name."

He laughed. "Okay. No problem."

"You mean you're actually gonna do it?"

"Yeah. Why not?"

I laughed. "This is gonna be great."

"Okay. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

He smiled. "I was hoping you'd pick that. I dare you to be my girlfriend again."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought you were done bugging me about that."

"I know. I'm sorry. But I love you."

"Jason..."

"Before you make a decision, just listen to me."

I sighed. "Fine."

He took my hands in his. "I know that you don't want to be together because of your brother. But I'll never hurt you. I promise you that. If you'll be my girlfriend again, I swear I'll be the best boyfriend ever. Please just be with me again." I saw the pleading in his eyes.

"I know you'll never hurt me. But I can't be with you. I'm sorry."

He sighed. "Fine. I'll stop asking you then."

"Well, I should go home now." I got up to leave but he grabbed my arm.

"Wait. Can't you stay?"

"I would but it's almost dinner time."

He let go of my arm. "Oh."

"I'll see you tomorrow." I turned around and walked out the door.

(A/N I was thinking about writing another story about Olivia's story. If you want me to then comment.)