Chapter 19

As soon as I realized what I just did, I quickly put my clothes back on and stood up. "I-I gotta go."

Jason looked at me, confused. "What? Why?"

"Because this wasn't suppose to happen. I'll see you later." I turned around, ran down the dunes, and to my car. I didn't want to go home so I drove to Riley's house.

Luckily, she was outside playing basketball when I pulled into her driveway. She noticed me and put her basketball away. I put the car in park and got out.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. Where were you after lunch?" she asked.

Should I tell her? Well she is my best friend and I tell her everything. "Don't judge me if I tell you."

She had a confused look on her face. "Of course I won't. I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything." We went inside and sat down in the living room.

I sighed. "Okay... I just lost my virginity."

Her eyes widened. "What? To who?"

"Jason."

Her jaw dropped. "Seriously? Well, do you regret it?"

"I honestly don't know. When it happened I didn't, but now I'm not sure."

She nodded in understanding. That ship had sailed a long time ago for her but she still understands why I don't know if I regret it or not. I'm not saying she's a slut 'cause she regrets not waiting, which I don't think makes sense bcause she's been with more than one guy.

"Well you love him so I don't see why you would regret it if you do." She was texting someone with a somewhat bored looking expression on her face, as if calling me out on being in love with Jason wasn't a big deal.

"I don't love Jason," I lied.

That's when she put her phone down and looked up at me. "Yes, you do. Don't lie."

"I'm not lying," I lied again.

She rolled her eyes. "See, you lied again."

"Whatever. Can we just change the subject?"

"Sure." She paused. "For now."

"So what's going on between you and Ryan?"

She stood up from the couch and went into the kitchen. I followed. "What do you mean?" She grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

"I mean, have you told him how you feel yet?"

She froze for a second. Finally she went back into the living room with me following. "Well.... no."

I slapped her arm lightly. "Riley!"

"I told you I will when the time is right."

"Yeah, right. You're just putting it off."

"I am not!"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Yes, you are." I paused. "Do it now."

Her eyes widened. "What?"

"Text him right now. Tell him you like him."

"No way! I am so not ready to tell him yet!"

"Well then I'll tell him." I took my phone out of my pocket and her eyes got even bigger.

"Erin, don't you dare!"

I opened up a new text message. "Too late."

She tried to take my phone away from me but i stood up from the couch and started walking towards the bathroom. She started after me so I began to run.