Chapter 13

Today is Valentine's Day. Probably the worst day of the year for me. I've only been in a relationship for one Valentine's Day but that was two years ago and it was with Noah.

I started walking towards the gym when I heard someone call my name. "Erin!"

I turned around. Jason was running in my direction. "Hey," I said.

"Hey," he said.

"So... um... I thought about if I want to be your girlfriend or not."

The smile on his face faded. "Oh. So what'd you decide?" He looked nervous.

"I decided..." I started to smile. "Yes. I'll be your girlfriend."

His eyes lit up. "Really?"

I laughed. "Yes, really."

He smiled big and wrapped his arms around me. Then he picked me up and started spinning me around like in those cheesy movies. "Thank god!" He put me back on my feet and pressed his lips to mine. I instantly kissed him back. "I love you."

I laughed. "I can tell. You keep telling me."

His grin disappeared. "So you don't love me back?"

"Jason, we just started going out today."

"Yeah, but I love you, don't I?" Without waiting for a reply, he sighed. "Of course you don't love me back. Someone like you would never be in love with someone like me."

"What are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about is that you're amazing. And I'm just normal."

I looked at him shocked. "Are you kidding? If anyone's normal it's me. You're the one who's amazing."

"You're not normal. Not even close. You are amazing. And I guess I am a little popular but compared to you I'm just normal. Average."

"More like the other way around."

"Look at me." He put his hands on both sides of my face and looked into my eyes. "You are amazing." He kissed me. "I love you."

The bell rang. "We should go to gym class."

"Yeah. You're right." We started walking to the locker rooms. I went into the girls' and he went into the boys'.

My friend Gina who's locker was right next to mine was already getting dressed. "Hey," I said.

She turned around and smiled. "Hey!" In case you couldn't tell, she's a very preppy and hyper person. "What's up?"

"Well, I actually have a boyfriend this Valentine's Day."

She gasped. "Oh my God! Who?!" she asked excitedly.

"Jason," I answered.

"Jason Hart?!" I nodded. "Whoa! He's never had a girlfriend!"

"Yeah, I know. I was so shocked when he told me how he feels about me." 

"I knew he liked you."

"Really?" I asked shocked. Could everyone tell except me?

"Yeah. It was so obvious by the way he always looked at you. He finally did something about it."

"Oh. I guess I am oblivious 'cause I didn't know until a few days ago that he's in love with me." As soon as the sentence left my lips, I wished I could take it back.

"Omigod! He's in love with you?!" she shrieked.

"Shh! Quiet down!"

"Sorry. I'm just glad you two finally started dating."