Chapter 8

For the next couple of weeks Jason would grab me and kiss me. I don't know why. Each time I pushed him away. Except maybe once or twice I kissed him back. No, I don't like him though. I have feelings for Noah still.

Currently I'm at school. It's lunch time and I'm at my locker putting my books away. Riley's not here today. Neither is Alexa. Ryan is but ever since he asked me out and I said no he's been ignoring me.

I shut my locker and turned around. Noah was right behind me and I nearly ran into him.

"Whoa!" I said. "Sorry."

"It's cool." There was a short pause. "There's something I have to ask you."

"Okay. What?"

 "Well, I know you don't want to be with me again but-" I cut him off by kissing him. At first he looked shocked but then he kissed me back. When we separated his expression was shock and confusion. "I'm confused."

"I'll be with you again."

His face lit up. "Really?"

I smiled. "Yes, really."

He smiled big and kissed me again. "Oh, thank god! You don't know how long I've been waiting to get back together with you!"

I laughed. "I know. You kept telling me."

He laughed and kissed me again. Once we broke apart he put his arm around me and we started walking to the lunch room.

As soon as we entered the room a lot of people looked at us and gasped. Some whispered, most likely gossiping about us getting back together.

"I give it five minutes before the whole school knows we're dating again," Noah told me.

I laughed. "You're probably right." We headed over to the table that Jason was sitting at. He was talking to one of his friends. "Hey, Jason."

He turned to face me. "Hey. Wh-" He cut himself off and looked at Noah's arm that was around me. "Are you two back together?"

"Yeah. We are." I looked at Noah and smiled.

"Oh. Cool," Jason said. He stood up from the table. "I gotta go." He walked out of the lunch room. My smile faded. Something tells me he's upset about Noah and I dating again.

I looked at Noah. "I'll be right back." I turned around and ran after Jason. A few seconds later I saw Jason walking at the end of the hall. "Jason, wait!" I called.

He stopped and turned around. I caught up to him. "Erin? What are you doing?"

"I came to see why you're so upset."

"I'm not." He wouldn't look at me.

"Stop lying. I can tell you're upset about something. So what is it?"

"It's nothing important. And anyway, shouldn't you be with your boyfriend right now?"

'"I guess but I wanted to know what's bothering you. Please tell me."

"Why do you care?"

"Because you're my friend."

"Yeah, I'm your friend. But that's all I am to you." He said it with so much hatred in his voice that it hurt. Does he hate me now?

"What did I do? Why do you hate me?"

His face softened. "I don't hate you."

"Well then why are you acting so... different?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're acting kind of mad that I'm dating Noah again."

"I'm not."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm just jealous of him." He mumbled the last part so I wouldn't hear him. I did though. Did he just say he's jealous of Noah?

I was brought back to the present when I felt a pair of arms around my waist. "Hey baby." I didn't turn to look at Noah. Instead I just stayed frozen.

"Bye," Jason said with a sad look on his face and walked away. I still stood there completely shocked about what he just said to himself.